This spicy sriracha sushi dipping sauce without mayo is full of flavor with the texture of mayo, but made healthier with fewer calories and less fat.
Probably the best mayo without mayo recipe, this is a truly great sauce that you will love on everything, especially sushi.
And, it’s really difficult to tell that there’s no mayo.
In fact, if you don’t tell anyone, they’ll never guess.
They’ll just assume it’s the regular stuff.
But they’ll be like, wow this is really great mayo, where did you get it?
And then you’ll have to come up with some super fancy store name, or let them in on your secret.
Actually, there’s no mayo in it at all.
Ya, I know.
Yes it’s true
Come on, Get out, seriously?
Content in this Post
- Ingredients in Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
- How To Make Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
- STEP 1: Combine Ingredients in Bowl
- STEP 2: Mix Well
- What To Serve With Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
- Easy Homemade Sushi Rolls
- Storage Tips For Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients in Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
- Labneh — our usual mayo substitute, a thick Turkish yogurt cheese that is similar to cream cheese in flavor and texture.
- Sour Cream — to thin the labneh, we use regular sour cream, not light or fat free. You can substitute plain yogurt or dahi.
- Sriracha Sauce — prepared Asian style sriracha sauce.
- Lemon Juice — fresh pressed for best flavor, can substitute lime juice.
Ingredient Variations — we have made ours without mayo and find it super satisfying without, although if you prefer you can sub mayo for labneh and sour cream.
How To Make Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
STEP 1: Combine Ingredients in Bowl
Place the ingredients for spicy mayo into a medium bowl.
STEP 2: Mix Well
Mix the ingredients together well.
Transfer to a bottle with a thin spout (OXO brand are good) that makes fine sauce lines, to drizzle on top of sushi.
And, if you like, you can serve in small bowls on the side.
What To Serve With Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
Use this spicy mayo without mayo sauce to jazz up homemade sushi rolls, sushi bowls and poke bowls, among others.
Serve soy sauce or tamari, pickled ginger and wasabi with homemade sushi rolls.
You can also serve miso soup and seaweed salad (wakame) with homemade sushi rolls.
Chicken or beef teriyaki and Japanese potstickers (gyoza) are great choices along with sushi, as part of a larger meal.
Sriracha sushi dipping sauce is a perfect condiment for other dishes, such as burgers and fries, and even breakfast sandwiches or scrambled eggs.
Easy Homemade Sushi Rolls
Prepare an easy homemade sushi dinner with a batch of failproof Instant Pot sushi rice and any of the following sushi rolls:
- Creamy Gravlax Salmon Sushi Uramaki Roll
- Canned Crabmeat Sushi Maki Roll
- Canned Salmon Sushi Roll Uramaki
- Shrimp Sushi Roll Uramaki
- Spicy Canned Tuna Sushi Roll Uramaki (shown below)
- Gravlax Salmon Maki Sushi Roll
- Gravlax Salmon Sushi Roll Uramaki
Storage Tips For Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
You can store this spicy sriracha sushi dipping sauce in the fridge for up to two weeks. Just be sure to keep it tightly sealed, in a bottle with a cap, or in a covered container.
You can freeze it for up to three months, however, the texture may change a little upon thawing.
You’ll Also Love
Spicy Canned Tuna Sushi Roll Uramaki with spicy sriracha sushi dipping sauce without mayo drizzled over top!
Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
- ¼ Cup Labneh, sub mayo
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream, sub mayo
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, optional
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Mix Well. Transfer to a plastic bottle with a thin spout to drizzle lines over top of sushi. Can also be served alongside sushi in small bowls.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.