This spaghetti squash in Instant Pot is a quick and nutritious route to a low carb and gluten free meal during family pasta night.
Our kids love carbs but we prefer low carb meals.
Enter spaghetti squash.
We try to have a spaghetti squash on hand each week so we can cook it when our kids want spaghetti. We don’t even miss the traditional spaghetti any more.
It’s the perfect way to get a meal on the table that everyone will enjoy.
We cook spaghetti in one Instant Pot and spaghetti squash in our second Instant Pot.
Plus, it takes roughly the same amount of time for both Instant Pots to cycle.
Talk about convenient!
We can enjoy a spaghetti dinner that’s tailored to both adults and kids at the same time.
If your kids happen to enjoy spaghetti squash then you can make enough servings for everyone.
You’ll have to repeat your spaghetti squash in Instant Pot recipe more than once, but you can cover the cooked ones in a large dish on your counter and they should stay warm enough until all are done.
Provide some different sauce options, and a variety of pasta shapes for the kids in a Pasta Bar Style to make your dinner even more fun!
For large family cooking, or if you need to make a lot of food quickly, check out the benefits of owning two Instant Pots.
Content in this Post
Ingredients in Spaghetti Squash in Instant Pot
- Spaghetti Squash — Ensure you use a fresh spaghetti squash, and that it will fit in your Instant Pot. We try to find small to medium sized spaghetti squashes.
- Filtered Water — one cup of water goes in with the Instant Pot to bring it up to pressure.
Health Benefits of Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Squash in Instant Pot contains vitamin C, vitamin B6, beta carotene, as well as fiber.
Spaghetti squash is a low carb option in comparison with regular spaghetti or pasta. It is also gluten free.
Time Saving Tips
Cook for adults and kids simultaneously with two Instant Pots. Toss regular spaghetti or pasta into one Instant Pot and use a second Instant Pot for spaghetti squash.
Alternatively, you can bake or slow cook your squashes if you are not under time constraints.
Serve the Instant Pot marinara sauce with fresh tomatoes to go with both regular spaghetti squash and spaghetti.
You could also make Pasta Sauce in Instant Pot.
You can store cooked spaghetti squash in Instant Pot in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days but is freshest within a day or two.
You’ll Also Love
It’s also super easy to make zucchini noodles (zoodles) for another satisfying low carb replacement for spaghetti.
We love zucchini noodles with our Goat Cheese Pasta Sauce that is also wonderful with spaghetti squash in Instant Pot.
Cook Acorn Squash in Instant Pot
Here’s a great recipe for sausage stuffed acorn squash that is also cooked in Instant Pot.
The spicy filling that is cooked simultaneously on the stovetop reminds us of Mexican style sausage and cheese dips.
Spaghetti Squash in Instant Pot
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Cup Water, filtered
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, carefully. Remove seeds with a regular spoon, or more easily with a pumpkin seed removing spoon.
- Place an Instant Pot trivet (metal or silicon) inside your Instant Pot as well as a cup of filtered water.
- Place two spaghetti squash halves on top of the trivet.
- Fasten lid securely, turn the knob to SEALING. Set Instant Pot to HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Once complete, remove lid and allow squash to cool for a minute or two.
- Transfer to individual plates and top with your favorite spaghetti sauce and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. You can serve it while in the spaghetti squash as a bowl, or scoop out the spaghetti squash strands onto a plate.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.