This souvlaki pita pizza with feta has everything you love about a Greek chicken wrap in an easy homemade pizza with tzatziki sauce.
Satisfy your craving for souvlaki chicken in a pizza form with this chicken souvlaki pita pizza with feta.
It’s super easy to make chicken souvlaki kebab in oven. All it takes is a simple marinade and fifteen minutes or more, if you have time.
This is perfect for an easy weeknight meal, when you don’t want to cave in to fast food or store bought pizza, but you don’t want to spend a whole lot of time cooking either.
If you plan ahead, you can make souvlaki chicken as part of your meal prep and then these chicken souvlaki pita pizzas will be super easy to make.
If you forget to meal prep, it’s still pretty easy to make souvlaki chicken in oven.
Then, with a few common ingredients, you can put together this extremely satisfying pita pizza.
The tzatziki sauce is a super quick recipe as well. If you don’t have some prepared, a few minutes later, with a little Greek yogurt, grated cucumber and garlic, you’ll be good to go.
The whole meal doesn’t take much time, and it is so much more nutritious than fast food.
Ingredients in Souvlaki Pita Pizza With Feta
- Pita Bread — We typically use regular or whole wheat Lebanese style pita bread for all of our pita pizzas since it’s less doughy and provides a nice thin crust. However, Greek pita or similar flatbread are a great choice for Souvlaki pizzas.
- Chicken Souvlaki — chicken souvlaki from baked chicken souvlaki kebab in oven, can sub pork souvlaki.
- Feta Cheese — feta can be diced small or crumbled.
- Pizza Sauce — use a good quality pizza sauce for the best flavor.
- Tomatoes — sliced Roma tomatoes, or you can sub halved cherry tomatoes.
- Green Peppers — sliced bell pepper, can sub red, orange or yellow.
- Onions — sliced red, yellow or white onions.
- Tzatziki — tzatziki recipe to drizzle on top of pizza or serve on the side, if desired.
Optional Ingredient Variations — of course, olives, pitted and sliced are excellent atop of souvlaki pita pizza. You can use kalamata, black or green olives, whatever you like!
Hot pepper rings like hot banana pickled peppers, pepperoncini or jalapeno are good as well. Or a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes instead.
You can definitely add shredded cheese over top, if you like. Mozzarella, cheddar or Monterrey Jack are good choices.
Sprinkle some finely shredded iceberg lettuce over top if desired. This is so fresh and crisp!
How To Make Souvlaki Pita Pizza With Feta
STEP 1: Cover Pita Bread With Pizza Sauce
Preheat Oven to 425°F. Line an oven safe baking tray with parchment paper. Place two pita bread on top.
Spread an even layer of pizza sauce over the surfaces of both pitas.
STEP 2: Add Sliced Tomato, Green Peppers and Onions
Arrange the sliced tomato, bell peppers and red onions evenly on the pita bread.
STEP 3: Place Diced Chicken Souvlaki
Evenly distribute the precooked, diced chicken souvlaki pieces among both pitas.
STEP 4: Add Feta
Arrange the diced or crumbled feta cheese to both pitas.
STEP 5: Sprinkle On Seasoning
Evenly sprinkle oregano and hot pepper flakes, if using, over both pitas.
STEP 6: Bake
Bake in the preheated oven for seven minutes. When they are done, remove from oven and drizzle with cold pressed extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Transfer to individual plates and serve with a drizzle of tzatziki or tzatziki sauce on the side.
What To Serve With Souvlaki Pita Pizza With Feta
Serve Souvlaki pita pizza with feta, with any combination of the following:
- Greek Orzo Salad With Feta
- Horiatiki Salad (Greek Village Salad)
- Instant Pot Lamb or Beef Gyros
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
You can serve souvlaki pita pizza with feta, as part of a larger Greek inspired meal.
Storage Tips For Souvlaki Pita Pizza With Feta
Cooked souvlaki pita pizza leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. However, we suggest that you try to enjoy them within a day or two as the bread will soften.
More Easy Pita Pizzas
All of these pita pizzas are so different and delicious, you can make a new one each time!
- Leftover Turkey Tikka Masala
- Crab Melt and Tuna Melt
- Doner Kebab and Kebab Chicken
- Red Lobster Style Crab Pita Pizza
- Date Arugula Goat Cheese
- Gyros With Feta
- Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken)
- Margherita and Fresh Mozzarella Artichoke
- Clam White Sauce and Red Sauce Clam
- Sardine in Tomato Sauce and Mackerel in Tomato Sauce
You’ll Also Love
Souvlaki Pita Pizza With Feta
- 2 Pita Bread
- ¼ Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 Tomato, sliced, sub halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Green Pepper, sliced
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Cup Chicken Souvlaki, cubed or sliced
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, optional
- ½ teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, optional, cold pressed extra virgin, to drizzle on before serving
- ¼ Cup Tzatziki Sauce, to drizzle on after baking
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line an oven safe baking tray with parchment paper. Place two pita bread on top.
- Cover both evenly with pizza sauce.
- Add sliced bell pepper, onions and tomatoes evenly throughout.
- Arrange diced or sliced chicken souvlaki evenly on both pizzas.
- Add diced or crumbled feta cheese to both pizzas.
- Sprinkle oregano and hot pepper flakes, if using, evenly over the pizzas. Transfer the baking sheet with pizzas into preheated oven. Bake for seven minutes. Remove from oven. Optionally, you can drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil. Transfer to individual plates and serve.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.