This Red Lobster maple glazed salmon has the perfect combination of savory and sweet with hints of citrus and soy.
It’s a delicious family favorite seafood restaurant style meal you can have at home any time.
We have based this recipe off of a favorite menu item that we used to order often at Red Lobster. The restaurant version had dried cherries in it although we have incorporated an easy substitution – lingonberry jam!
Lingonberry jam can be found in grocery stores, but if you can’t find it you can replace it with cranberry sauce or cherry jam. Lingonberry jam is also sold at IKEA’s supermarket if you have a store nearby.
While you’re at IKEA, grab some LACKERGOM lemon dill sauce so you can also try these simple and delicious IKEA salmon fillets.
Content in this Post
Ingredients Used in Red Lobster Maple Glazed Salmon
- Salmon fillets— choose fresh salmon fillets, for best quality bake them soon after purchase. You can also use frozen IKEA salmon fillets (thawed) that are conveniently packaged in individual portions. Costco also has portioned salmon fillets.
- Maple Syrup — use 100% pure maple syrup, we get ours at Costco.
- Lingonberry Jam — find this in well stocked aisles of your local grocery store or at an IKEA supermarket. You can substitute cranberry sauce or cherry jam.
- Orange Juice — a tablespoon of orange juice adds a lovely hint of citrus to this dish.
- Soy Sauce — regular soy sauce
- Himalayan Salt — pink salt, ground
- Pepper — black pepper, freshly ground.
How to Make Red Lobster Maple Glazed Salmon
STEP 1 – Make the Maple Sauce
Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl.
STEP 2 – Pour Sauce Over Salmon
Butter an oven safe baking dish and place the salmon fillets in the dish. Pour the maple glaze sauce over top of the salmon fillets.
STEP 3 – Bake in Oven
Place the baking dish with salmon fillets and sauce into the preheated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the salmon flakes easily and the fillets reach a safe internal temperature of 145℉. Use a digital thermometer (insert into the thickest part of the salmon) to measure the temperature of the cooked salmon.
What to Serve With Red Lobster Maple Glazed Salmon
Maple glazed salmon is typically served with shrimp. Use some of the maple glaze on your shrimp or you can serve with Red Lobster style shrimp scampi.
Potatoes are always great alongside salmon. Try maple glazed salmon with mashed potatoes, Instant Pot dill potatoes or a regular baked potato. You can top your potatoes with sour cream and fresh chopped chives.
Many salads pair nicely with Salmon dinners. Try an Italian style house salad with mixed greens.
It’s best to plan ahead and bake your fresh salmon fillet on the day of purchase or the day after. However, salmon fillets keep well in the refrigerator for up to two days.
If wrapped air tight, the fillet can be frozen for up to three months. Just be sure to wrap it well using foil and place in a sealed freezer bag.
Leftover cooked salmon can be stored safely in the fridge for up to three days but is best consumed within a day or two. We try to enjoy any leftovers on the next day. You can easily reheat it in the microwave.
You can freeze cooked salmon for four to six months.
You’ll Also Love
Red Lobster style Lobster Artichoke Dip is a perfect appetizer for your homemade seafood restaurant inspired menus. With bite sized pieces of lobster tucked into a creamy artichoke dip, it’s sure to delight every seafood lover.
Red Lobster Maple Glazed Salmon
- ½ pound Salmon fillet, cut into two portions, we use SJÖRAPPORT from IKEA supermarket, or similar
- ⅛ Cup Maple Syrup, pure
- ⅛ Cup Lingonberry Jam, sub cranberry sauce or cherry jam
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice,
- ¼ teaspoon Salt, Himalayan
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Butter an oven safe baking dish.
- Place salmon fillets in the baking dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over the salmon fillets.
- Place baking dish with salmon and sauce into the oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily. Ensure salmon reaches a safe internal temperature of 145°F by inserting a digital thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon.
- Transfer to individual serving plates. Serve with shrimp and orzo rice.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.