Elegant, flavorful and quick to prepare, Red Lobster copycat shrimp scampi is the perfect choice for an easy and impressive homemade seafood dinner menu.
When you crave restaurant style seafood at home, and want something that takes minimal effort, this shrimp scampi dish won’t let you down.
In fact, it’s so easy to prepare your own, that you’ll want to enjoy these at home more often.
It’s the perfect dish for a special occasion, especially alongside more Red Lobster inspired side dishes like crispy Brussel sprouts and wild rice pilaf.
Or even for a nice weekend dinner at home. It’s so simple, you can even make it during the week.
The butter sauce from the shrimp scampi adds so much flavor to the rice pilaf and Brussel sprouts.
If you prefer, you can also serve this on top of easy Instant Pot linguine. Shrimp scampi is amazing with linguine as well!
Whether with rice pilaf or linguine, you will be surprised at how amazing this dinner tastes when it all comes together. It’s extremely satisfying, and for the amount of effort put in, you just can’t go wrong.
This shrimp scampi recipe is sure to please. It’s perfect for anniversaries, birthdays, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, among others.
It doesn’t take much time at all and you will be so glad you made this!
Content in this Post
- Ingredients in Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi
- How To Make Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi
- STEP 1: Make the Marinade
- STEP 2: Mix Shrimp and Marinade
- STEP 3: Add Shrimp With Marinade To Skillet
- STEP 4: Add Ingredients and Let Simmer
- STEP 5: Add Butter and Simmer
- STEP 6: Serve and Enjoy!
- What To Serve With Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi
- Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi With Instant Pot Linguine
- More Red Lobster Inspired Dishes
- Storage Tips For Shrimp Scampi
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients in Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp — Use large shrimp, we like Argentinian style, thawed, peeled and deveined.
- Broth — a little (quarter cup) white wine or seafood broth, you can sub chicken or vegetable broth if you prefer.
- Butter — can use salted or unsalted butter. You may want to reduce the salt in the recipe to half a teaspoon if using salted butter.
- Garlic — two cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
- Olive Oil — cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon Juice — freshly pressed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- Pepper Flakes — This adds more flavor, but feel free to omit these if you don’t want them to be spicy.
- Salt — Himalayan pink salt, ground, enhances all of the flavors.
- Seasoning — Old Bay seasoning, or similar. If you don’t have it you can sub all purpose seasoning.
- Cilantro — we like fresh chopped cilantro although you can chop some fresh parsley if you prefer.
How To Make Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp scampi is simple to prepare with a few easy steps. Basically, you’ll make a marinade for the shrimp, wait a few minutes for them to marinate and then cook them in a pan on the stovetop.
STEP 1: Make the Marinade
Add the large shrimp and the ingredients for the shrimp scampi marinade to a large bowl.
STEP 2: Mix Shrimp and Marinade
Give it a good stir, to ensure the shrimp are evenly coated with the marinade. Tightly wrap with cling wrap, or seal with a lid and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to one to two hours.
STEP 3: Add Shrimp With Marinade To Skillet
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet. Add the shrimp with the marinade and cook on medium low heat for 1 minute. Then, flip the shrimp and cook for one more minute.
STEP 4: Add Ingredients and Let Simmer
Add in the white wine or broth, lemon juice, and pepper flakes and let simmer for 2 minutes.
STEP 5: Add Butter and Simmer
Add butter and let simmer for an extra 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque.
STEP 6: Serve and Enjoy!
Serve shrimp scampi atop wild rice pilaf or linguine with some veggies on the side.
What To Serve With Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp scampi is fabulous with Instant Pot wild rice pilaf (shown above) as well as with Instant Pot Linguine (shown below).
Steamed vegetable side dishes are also typically served with shrimp scampi.
Shrimp scampi also pairs well with a soup (lobster bisque, clam or seafood chowder) or a salad (try Caesar salad or house salad).
Prepare any combination of the following Starters and Sides for a delightful homemade seafood dinner.
You can serve the following Red lobster inspired APPETIZERS:
- Stuffed Mushroom Caps with Crabmeat
- Escargot Stuffed Mushrooms
- Red Lobster Style Crab Pita Pizza
- Lobster Artichoke Dip
- Baked Parmesan Dip with Crabmeat
Serve shrimp scampi with the following Red lobster inspired SIDE DISHES:
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf
- Instant Pot Seasoned Broccoli
- Garlic Green Beans
- Lobster Bisque
Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi With Instant Pot Linguine
If you have an Instant Pot you can easily pressure cook linguine in it. Just add dry linguine to the Instant Pot and scatter the noodles a little.
Fill the Instant Pot with water until the noodles are just covered. Set the Instant Pot to HIGH Pressure for 7 minutes and let natural release for pressure for 4 minutes.
Otherwise, you can cook linguine according to package instructions in a pot on the stovetop.
More Red Lobster Inspired Dishes
Storage Tips For Shrimp Scampi
Keep shrimp scampi in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days, although, as with most seafood, it is recommended to enjoy at its freshest, within a day or two.
Ensure the shrimp scampi is tightly sealed in an air tight container.
You’ll Also Love
Just as easy, if not more so, and also very impressive, these lobster tails are baked in the oven and are the highlight of a homemade restaurant style seafood dinner menu.
Red Lobster Copycat Shrimp Scampi
- ¾ pound Shrimp, Argentinian, thawed, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup Broth, white wine or broth (seafood, or chicken in a pinch)
- ⅛ cup Butter, ¼ stick
- 3 tablespoons Avocado Oil, divided 1 and 2 tablespoons
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, freshly pressed
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes, optional, adds a kick!
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, or similar, can sub all purpose blend
- 1 teaspoon Salt, Himalayan
Marinate the Shrimp
- Place the shrimp in a medium sized mixing bowl and add garlic, salt, seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Mix well and let sit in the fridge with tight fitting lid or cling wrap to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
Cook the Shrimp
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet. Add the shrimp with all the juices from the marinade and cook on medium low heat for 1 minute, then flip the shrimp and cook for one more minute.
- Add in the white wine or broth, lemon juice, and pepper flakes and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and let simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes until the shrimp is opaque.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.