Quick and easy Instant Pot pork tenderloin with gravy (fläskfilé) is a super easy and flavorful dinner that the whole family will love.
With this recipe, you can plan ahead and marinate the pork overnight, or for at least a couple of hours.
That way, the pork tenderloin will turn out even more tender.
Although, if you don’t have hours to wait, you can marinate the pork for 15 to 30 minutes and it will still be delish.
With the help of a pressure cooker, the meat will turn out so incredibly tender.
Plus, the Instant Pot cooks the pork with the basis of a savory gravy that literally takes only one extra minute to make.
Round out the meal with rice or potatoes and a vegetable side dish.
There are so many options of sides you can serve with and that means this dinner can be put together so quickly.
You can easily double the recipe to make two pork tenderloins at the same time in your Instant Pot.
The really nice thing is that if you happen to have leftovers you can use them in delicious pork tenderloin pita pizzas. There are so many pizzas with variations of toppings you can enjoy.
We have provided our three favorite pizzas below in the Best Uses for Leftover Pork Tenderloin section. They are inspired by Swedish pizzas with flaskfilé that you can find in any pizzeria in Sweden.
You can use pork tenderloin strips in a Quattro Stagioni, a Surf and Turf as well as a pizza with Bearnaise sauce. And that’s just a start. Feel free to try more pizza topping combinations!
Content in this Post
- Ingredients In Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
- How To Make Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
- STEP 1: Make the Marinade
- STEP 2: Marinate Pork
- STEP 3: Cook
- STEP 4: Make the Gravy
- What To Serve With Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
- Best Uses For Leftover Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
- Storage Tips For Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
- More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients In Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
- Pork Tenderloin — If necessary, trim excess fat on pork tenderloin. This recipe is for one pork tenderloin, but you can easily double the recipe if you wish.
- Chicken Broth — use homemade or prepared chicken broth for convenience.
- Honey — use pure honey or substitute pure maple syrup.
- Soy Sauce — regular soy sauce
- Olive Oil — extra virgin olive oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar — this helps to tenderize the meat while in the marinade.
- Italian Seasoning — a blend of dried Italian herbs, homemade or store bought.
- Garlic Powder — garlic powder, or if you prefer, you can substitute one or two fresh, minced cloves.
- Paprika — smoked paprika
- Pepper — black pepper, freshly ground.
- Rice Flour — rice flour is used to thicken the gravy. Substitute all purpose flour.
How To Make Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
STEP 1: Make the Marinade
Add all of the marinade ingredients to a large bowl.
STEP 2: Marinate Pork
Cut the pork tenderloin in half, as shown. Trim any excess fat, if needed. Cutting the pork rather than keeping it whole allows it to cook through within the provided timing.
Place the two pork tenderloin halves into the marinade and make sure they are well coated in the seasoning.
Allow to marinate, in a covered bowl or sealed Ziplock bag in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes, ideally you can marinate for at least an hour and up to overnight.
STEP 3: Cook
Press Sauté on the Instant Pot. When the display reads HOT, add the pork tenderloin along with all of the marinade. Brown the meat on all sides (about 2 minutes per side).
Remove the browned pork tenderloin from the Instant Pot and place in a bowl or on a plate.
Reserve ¼ cup of the chicken broth and add the rest (¾ cup) to the Instant Pot.
Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the pot so that no pieces are stuck to the bottom of the inner pot. This is an important step needed to avoid a Burn notification from the Instant Pot while cooking.
Add the pork tenderloin back into the Instant Pot. Fasten the lid and set the pressure valve to Sealing. Pressure cook on HIGH pressure, normal temperature, for 3 minutes.
Once the cook cycle is complete allow pressure to naturally release (NPR) from the Instant Pot (takes 10-15 minutes). Press Cancel when complete.
After the pressure has released naturally and the pressure pin has dropped completely, remove the lid.
Use a digital food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat to ensure that the pork tenderloin has reached an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F.
STEP 4: Make the Gravy
Reserve ¼ cup of the chicken broth and add the rest (¾ cup) to the Instant Pot. Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the pot so that no pieces are stuck to the bottom of the inner pot.
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and rice flour. Ensure the mixture is smooth and free of clumps.
Pour the whisked rice flour mixture into the Instant Pot. Continue to whisk until it is well combined with the gravy.
Press Saute button on Instant Pot. The gravy will thicken as it boils and it shouldn’t take very long, a minute or two. Stir to ensure the bottom doesn’t burn. Once the gravy is thick, turn off the Instant Pot.
What To Serve With Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
Instant Pot pork tenderloin with gravy is perfect with rice or potatoes, and a vegetable side dish.
Enjoy it with any of the following:
- Garlic Green Beans
- Mushroom Wild Rice Pilaf
- Wild Rice Pilaf (Red Lobster Copycat)
- Instant Pot Mash Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Mash
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Seasoned Broccoli
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
Best Uses For Leftover Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
Pork tenderloin (aka fläskfilé) is a common pizza topping in Sweden. The meat is always so tender due to cooking in a pressure cooker. We love it in a number of pizzas, including the following:
- Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza — a popular pizza style, with four sections, and most often with one topping per section. We have included cold water shrimp, black olives, fresh mushrooms and pork tenderloin as our four seasons!
- Pork Tenderloin Pita Pizza (shown below) — tender strips of pork with hot peppers, fresh mushrooms and Bearnaise sauce. It’s great even without the Bearnaise!
- Surf and Turf Pita Pizza — cold water shrimp, pork tenderloin strips and ground beef (kottfarssas) are an interesting flavor combination of land and sea!
You’ll love to come up with your own topping combinations for pork tenderloin pizzas.
In addition to pizzas, you can make a pork tenderloin sandwich or pita wrap.
Storage Tips For Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
Store quick and easy Instant Pot pork tenderloin with gravy (fläskfilé) in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Be sure to place it in an air tight container with a lid.
It can also be frozen for up to three months, if in a freezer safe container. Alternatively, you can place pork tenderloin in a freezer safe Ziplock bag, tightly sealed with the air pressed out.
The gravy can also be stored together or separately.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Kebab Chicken Breast
- Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken)
- Better Than Takeout Beef and Broccoli
- Swedish Meatballs (IKEA Copycat)
- Doner Kebab Meat (Kebabkött)
- Beef Tenderloin (oxfilé)
You’ll Also Love
Pork Tenderloin Pita Pizza (Fläskfilé Pizza) is super tasty with sliced quick and easy Instant Pot pork tenderloin and fresh mushrooms, sliced onions, hot peppers and creamy Bearnaise sauce.
It’s the perfect way to enjoy any leftovers from your pork tenderloin dinner.
Quick And Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy (Fläskfilé)
- 1.5 pounds Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- ½ tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ½ tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
Make the Marinade
- Pour in the honey, soy sauce, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar into a small sized mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the dry spices
- Mix all ingredients until blended well.
Cut the Pork Tenderloin and Marinate
- Trim the excess fat off the pork tenderloin. Pat it dry with a paper towel and cut it in half into two equal pieces.
- Allow pork tenderloin to marinate in a bowl, or Ziplock bag, covered or sealed in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, ideally for an hour or more, up to overnight.
Cook the Pork Tenderloin in Instant Pot
- Press Sauté on the Instant Pot. When the display reads HOT, add the pork tenderloin along with all of the marinade. Brown the meat on all sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the Instant Pot.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the chicken broth and add the rest (¾ cup) to the Instant Pot. Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the pot so that no pieces are stuck to the bottom of the inner pot.
- Add back the pork tenderloin to the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and set the pressure valve to Sealing. Pressure cook on HIGH pressure, normal temperature, for 3 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release (NPR) when the pressure cycle is completed (takes 10-15 minutes). Press Cancel when completed.
- When the pressure has been released naturally, and it is safe to do so, carefully remove the lid from the Instant Pot. Use a digital food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat at its thickest part. Pork should be cooked to at least 145°F.
Make the Gravy
- Pour the reserved ¼ cup chicken broth into a small sized mixing bowl. Add the rice flour.
- Whisk the rice flour until no lumps are present.
- Pour the rice and chicken broth mix into the Instant Pot. Press Sauté and let simmer for 10 minutes or until the gravy has reached your desired thickness.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.