Savor each of the four seasons in this easy homemade quattro stagioni pita pizza with delectable quadrants of cold water shrimp, sliced olives, pork tenderloin and fresh mushrooms.
It can seem at first to be rather plain, to design a pizza with only one topping per section. Although, as simple as it may be, that really is the beauty of this pizza.
And, while pizzas with many toppings are good, some of the most memorable ones have been simple, with one or two toppings.
I remember enjoying a plain cheese pizza with a garden mix salad and being amazed at how satisfying it was.
At the time, I wondered why pizzas have so many toppings in the first place.
Pizzas can really be at their best when only one or two of the flavors shine through.
To be honest, it’s difficult to fully taste the toppings when they’re all mixed up on a pizza. But when you concentrate on just one per slice, with the toppings we’ve chosen, the flavors and textures are so satisfying.
This way, you really taste each one.
I love olives and feel as though I miss the flavor when they’re mixed with many toppings in other pizzas.
It’s the same with cold water shrimp. When they’re all in one place though, that’s hard to miss!
And I know it sounds funny to say, but it almost feels as though it’s a four course meal. You can first sample the fresh mushrooms, then the shrimp, next olives and finally pork tenderloin.
This is literally so easy to make and the result is a super satisfying pizza, with the optimal amount of simplicity and flavor.
Content in this Post
- Ingredients in Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
- What Does Quattro Stagioni Mean?
- How To Make Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
- STEP 1: Prepare Baking Sheet and Add Sauce To Pizzas
- STEP 2: Add Cheese
- STEP 3: Arrange Four Toppings
- STEP 4: Bake and Serve!
- What To Serve With Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
- Storage Tips For Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
- More Easy Pita Pizzas
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients in Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
- Pita Bread — Lebanese style pita bread is a great choice for pita pizzas, although you can substitute your favorite flatbread.
- Mozzarella — Shredded mozzarella cheese, or other types of shredded cheese like Cheddar or Monterrey Jack can be used.
- Pizza Sauce — homemade or store bought pizza sauce.
- Shrimp — cold water shrimp, usually found in the frozen seafood section of your grocery store. If you happen to have a location close by, IKEA also sells cold water shrimp in its Supermarket.
- Pork Tenderloin — from Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin recipe, cut into strips. You can substitute ham, prosciutto, prosciutto cotto, bacon, ground beef, pepperoni or any other meat you like on pizza.
- Mushrooms — fresh sliced mushrooms. You can use white, button, brown mushrooms or any other types you prefer.
- Olives — sliced black, green or kalamata olives with the pits removed.
Optional Ingredient Variations — you can substitute any of the toppings for popular ones like artichokes, basil, mussels, prosciutto cotto or ham.
And you can definitely choose your own favorites, that are not on this list.
What Does Quattro Stagioni Mean?
Quattro stagioni is Italian for Four Seasons. A pizza quattro stagioni is one with four quadrants, most typically with one topping per quadrant, to represent four seasons.
Sometimes, the quattro stagioni pizzas will have the four toppings mixed up, over the surface of the pizza. But it seems that most often, the toppings are kept in separate sections (quarters).
The toppings can vary and you may find them different at each pizzeria. The good news is, when you make your own, you can choose your favorite four!
Other common toppings include artichokes, mussels, ham or prosciutto cotto.
It’s a nice way to savor the flavors one at a time, and to really appreciate the specific toppings.
When the topping are all mixed up you don’t get to taste them as well as when you enjoy a slice that’s devoted to one topping.
How To Make Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
STEP 1: Prepare Baking Sheet and Add Sauce To Pizzas
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place parchment paper on an oven safe baking sheet.
Put two pita bread on the parchment paper lined sheet. Cover the surfaces of the pitas with pizza sauce.
STEP 2: Add Cheese
Evenly distribute the shredded mozzarella cheese over the layers of pizza sauce.
STEP 3: Arrange Four Toppings
Next, you’ll place your selection of four toppings onto the pita bread, one topping per quadrant.
STEP 4: Bake and Serve!
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 6 or 7 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.
Optionally, you can sprinkle with a little oregano before serving.
What To Serve With Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
You can never go wrong with a Swedish pizza salad to serve alongside any pizzas, and this pizza quattro stagioni is no exception.
If you don’t have pizza salad, an Italian house style salad or Caesar salad is a great choice to go with a quattro stagioni pita pizza.
We love to serve pizzas with a side of marinated olives and some anchovies.
Storage Tips For Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
You can store leftover Pizza Quattro Stagioni in the refrigerator for up to three days. It’s best to enjoy leftovers while at their freshest, within a day or two.
More Easy Pita Pizzas
- Iskender Pizza (shown below)
- Pork Tenderloin with Bearnaise sauce
- Asian Pork Tenderloin With Bok Choy and Gravy
- Ultimate Cheeseburger
- Red Lobster Style Crab and Lobster
You’ll Also Love
Talk about simplicity and flavor, this Iskender Pizza is another one of our absolute favorites.
It’s easy to make and the combination of spicy red pepper tomato sauce, seasoned doner kebab and flavorful doner kebab sauce makes this one hard to beat.
Quattro Stagioni Pita Pizza
- 2 Pita Bread, Lebanese style
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ Cup Black Olives, pitted, sliced
- ½ Cup Shrimp, cold water shrimp
- ½ Cup Mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- ½ Cup Pork Tenderloin, cooked, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line an oven safe baking sheet with parchment paper. Add two pita bread on top.
- Spread an even layer of pizza sauce on the pitas.
- Evenly distribute the shredded mozzarella cheese over the surface of both pitas.
- Arrange the four toppings, one per section, in four quadrants, as shown. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 6 or 7 minutes until the pizzas are heated through and the cheese is melted. Optionally, sprinkle a pinch of oregano evenly over top. Transfer to individual plates and serve with pizza salad or a salad.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.