This is the spiced maple glazed bacon recipe to look forward to with its easy baked, crispy, savory and sweet flavors with a little kick from some hot sauce and garlic infused pure maple syrup.
It’s so good on it’s own and in all of your favorite bacon recipes. This bacon is delightfully sweet and savory and is a special treat for any occasion.
And really, all it takes is an extra minute or so to make an awesome maple syrup glaze and brush it onto the bacon. It’s so simple and fast to do, but makes such a difference!
This bacon is great for breakfast, with eggs and toast, perfect in BLT’s and in chicken and bacon sandwiches.
It’s a versatile recipe that will spice up all of your favorite recipes that call for bacon.
Content in this Post
Ingredients in Maple Glazed Bacon Recipe
- Bacon — a package of bacon, thawed if previously frozen. In a 375g package, there are about fourteen strips of bacon. You can easily scale this recipe to make more if you like.
- Maple Syrup — pure 100% maple syrup is recommended for the best results.
- Hot Sauce — we like a cayenne based hot sauce like Frank’s Red Hot.
- Garlic Powder — a little garlic powder adds a nice touch, or you can use a very finely grated garlic clove in this recipe.
How To Make Maple Glazed Bacon Recipe
STEP 1: Preheat your oven 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
We like to fold the parchment paper in such a way (fold it upwards around the sides) that the bacon grease will remain in the parchment package.
This makes the process smoother and without any mess.
STEP 2: Place the bacon strips evenly, in a single layer, on the parchment lined baking sheet.
STEP 3: Bake in the preheated oven for eight minutes. While the bacon is cooking, it’s a good time to make your maple syrup glaze recipe. Combine maple syrup, hot sauce and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
STEP 4: After eight minutes has passed, remove from oven and carefully flip the bacon. Return to oven and bake for eight more minutes. You may like to add a bit more time, if necessary, depending on how crispy you want your bacon to be. But keep in mind that the bacon will be broiled in the next step, so you won’t want it to be cooked to the max in this step.
STEP 5: Once the bacon is cooked, remove from oven. Set oven to the BROIL setting.
Brush maple syrup glaze evenly onto each strip of bacon, using a silicon kitchen brush. Return the tray to the oven and broil for one minute. Remove and flip the bacon, brush again with maple syrup glaze and return for an additional minute.
Be careful to keep a close watch on the bacon under broil setting, as it can burn quickly and ovens can vary. One to two minutes is about all we were able to cook each side without burning.
When you add the maple syrup glaze, the bacon, which is already a treat, becomes so much more of a savory indulgence.
It’s sweet, spicy, salty and with a crispy crunch that is just amazing!
What To Serve With Maple Glazed Bacon Recipe
This maple glazed bacon is perfect with breakfasts dishes:
- Swedish Pancakes (Pannkakor)
- Swedish Mini Pancakes (Plättar)
- Instant Pot Thick and Creamy Yogurt (excellent as a mayo replacement in sandwiches with bacon)
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Fruit Salad
Recipes With Bacon
- Date Arugula Pita Pizza with Bacon
- Thanksgiving Turkey with Bacon
- Chicken and Bacon Sandwich Cake (shown below)
- BLT sandwiches and BLT pita pizza
Preparation and Storage Tips
Bacon is best when it’s still warm, fresh from the oven. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for five days.
You can choose to freeze cooked bacon if you like, and it keeps well for about a month.
Uncooked, unopened packages of bacon can be frozen for two or three months without any loss to the flavor and quality.
Once opened, you can reseal uncooked bacon and store in the fridge for up to three days.
You’ll Also Love
It’s a layered sandwich cake with a layer of chicken salad sandwich mix, a layer of this bacon recipe (crumbled), and a layer of meat from chicken wings or a rotisserie chicken, with optional blue cheese.
You can bake additional bacon strips into roses using an oven safe cupcake pan for the optional garnish (shown below).
Maple Glazed Bacon Recipe
- 14 strips Bacon, 375 g
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup, 100% pure
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce , Frank's
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
Cook Bacon in Oven
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place uncooked bacon strips evenly apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes has passed, take them out and flip them over. While the bacon is cooking, it's a good time to make up your maple syrup glaze to use in the next step.
- Return bacon to the oven and bake for 8 more minutes. You may need to add a little more time, depending on how well done and crispy you prefer your bacon. Although, keep in mind, they will be set under the broiler in the next step.
Make the Spiced Maple Syrup Glaze Mixture
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, hot sauce and garlic powder. Mix well.
Add Glaze and Broil Bacon
- Once the bacon has finished cooking, remove the tray with bacon from oven. Set oven to BROIL (500°F). Use a silicon kitchen brush to brush half of the maple syrup mixture evenly onto the bacon strips.
- Return the tray with the bacon strips to the oven. Broil for 1 minute, remove tray, flip bacon strips over, brush again with rest of glaze, and broil 1 more minute, or until desired crispness. *Stay close by to ensure the bacon does not burn, as it can burn quickly on Broil setting if left too long, and ovens can vary.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.