This lobster salad sandwich without mayo is a seafood lovers favorite pick for an easy and flavorful meal with a memorable presentation. Bite sized pieces of lobster meat in a delicately seasoned cream sauce combine beautifully with finely chopped celery, dill and chives.
This lobster filling is a versatile mix that you can serve many ways such as in an open faced sandwich (one bread slice) as shown above.
You can use regular or low carb gluten free bread such as Carbonaut if you are minding carbs, or make this lobster sandwich with your preferred bread.
Serve this lobster sandwich filling in elegant bread rolls similar to hot dog buns for a lobster roll. A maritime classic, the lobster roll is an easy and delicious lobster recipe that everyone will love!
Content in this Post
Ingredients in Lobster Salad Sandwich Without Mayo (Hummersallad)
- Bread — low carb, gluten free Carbonaut bread, or bread of choice. You can also use bread rolls to use the filling in lobster rolls.
- Lobster — lobster meat, cooked. You can remove the meat from cooked whole lobsters or lobster tails.
- Labneh — with flavor and texture similar to cream cheese, this thick yogurt is the perfect creamy substitute for mayo!
- Sour Cream — use full fat, not low calorie or fat free.
- Lemon Juice — freshly squeezed is recommended for the freshest flavor.
- Lemon Zest — a teaspoon of lemon zest really heightens the lemon flavor in this dish, use a zesting tool.
- Celery — finely chopped.
- Chives — fresh chives, finely chopped.
- Dill — use fresh dill, finely chopped.
- Hot Sauce — optional, you can use a small amount of Frank’s Red Hot for a little kick.
How To Make Lobster Salad Sandwich Without Mayo
This lobster salad sandwich is very simple to make. First, you’ll need to chop the lobster meat into bite sized pieces. Then, you’ll need to wash and finely chop dill, chives and celery. You’ll need to juice and zest the lemon.
Once you have done that, then all you need to do is add all of the ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix well.
Once you’ve made your lobster filling, you can choose to serve it as a regular or open faced sandwich, or in buns as a lobster roll. Either way is sure to please!
What to Serve With Lobster Salad Sandwich Without Mayo
Lobster salad sandwich would pair nicely with a soup or salad. You can never go wrong with an Italian house style salad or a clam chowder with this sandwich.
If you are planning a meal for a very special occasion, lobster salad sandwich without mayo is perfect as one layer in a seafood sandwich cake (smörgåstårta).
More Sandwiches Without Mayo
These are easy sandwiches to make and all contain labneh and sour cream instead of mayo. It’s helpful to stock shelf stable cans of seafood (tuna, salmon, crab), and frozen seafood ingredients (smoked salmon, cold water shrimp) , to make these any time.
Try these super delicious sandwiches:
- Salmon Salad (Laxsallad)
- Crab Salad Sandwich (Krabbröra)
- IKEA Shrimp Sandwich (Räksmörgas)
- Tuna Salad (Tonfiskröra)
- Shrimp Salad (Räkröra)
- Smoked Salmon Salad (Laxröra)
- Egg Salad (Äggröra)
- Chicken Salad (Kycklingröra)
Make up a variety of sandwiches so everyone in your family can have their favorites!
You’ll Also Love
Red lobster style crab pita pizza is full of flavor and will satisfy your cravings for shellfish anytime – just remember to add some crab or lobster to your grocery list. It’s perfect for special occasions and when you have guests.
You won’t believe how quick and easy it is to make these tempting Red Lobster inspired crab pita pizzas.
Fresh julienned basil, diced tomatoes, parmesan, mozzarella and shellfish (lobster, crab or a combination of both) come together in a restaurant style pizza that is perfect as an appetizer for four or main course for two.
Lobster Salad Sandwich Without Mayo (Hummersallad)
Lobster Salad Sandwich Filling
- 1 Cup Lobster Meat, chopped in bite sized pieces, about ½ inch
- ⅛ Cup Labneh
- ⅛ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ½ teaspoon Hot Sauce, optional
- ¼ teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper, or to taste
Bread and Toppings
- 2 Slices Carbonaut Bread, can sub other bread
- 2 Pieces Lettuce Leaves
- Chop lobster meat in bite sized pieces and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix well to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Top a bread slice with lettuce and follow with the lobster salad filling.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.