This kebab shop garlic sauce without mayo (vitlökssås) is a thick and creamy dressing for kebabs with zesty lemon and bold garlic flavor.
You’re going to love this in so many dishes. It’s perfect to go with kebab pita wraps, and kebab platter (kebabtallrik), kebab roll (kebabrulle) and any chicken, vegetarian or meat sandwich.
With its strong garlic flavor, from fresh pressed cloves, this is definitely a sauce for serious garlic lovers.
It is perfect alongside barbecued kebabs, and especially barbecued chicken. But don’t stop there. You can enjoy this rich garlic sauce with baked chicken, chicken kebabs in oven and air fryer chicken wings.
You’ll find that this is perfect to have alongside so many favorite mains and it will quickly disappear!
Content in this Post
- Ingredients in Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo (Vitlökssås)
- How To Make Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo (Vitlökssås)
- STEP 1: Place Yogurt Sauce Ingredients in Bowl
- STEP 2: Mix Well
- What To Serve With Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo (Vitlökssås)
- More Homemade Doner Kebab Recipes
- More Easy Sauces
- Storage Tips for Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients in Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo (Vitlökssås)
- Labneh — we love the thick and creamy texture of Turkish labneh yogurt cheese. It is similar to cream cheese. You can substitute thick Greek yogurt, or make a batch of Instant Pot thick and creamy yogurt and strain it very well. Keep in mind that you’ll have to plan in advance for the homemade yogurt as it takes 8 hours, but the Instant Pot does almost all of the work. It’s wonderful to have a large batch of homemade yogurt for daily recipes, including breakfasts.
- Sour Cream — use full fat sour cream, not light or fat free. Can substitute plain yogurt or Dahi.
- Garlic — fresh cloves, peeled and put through a garlic press or finely minced.
- Olive Oil — preferably cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon Juice — freshly pressed
- Hot Sauce — optional
- Oregano — optional
How To Make Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo (Vitlökssås)
This is a super easy recipe with basically two steps:
STEP 1: Place Yogurt Sauce Ingredients in Bowl
Put all of the ingredients for the yogurt sauce (vitlökssås) in a medium bowl.
STEP 2: Mix Well
Give the sauce a good stir, to make sure all of the garlic, oil and lemon is combined thoroughly and well dispersed. Cover the bowl with a lid or cling wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What To Serve With Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo (Vitlökssås)
This multipurpose garlic sauce is amazing with any chicken pita wrap or beef pita wrap. There are many sandwiches that it would taste great on, especially chicken like shawarma or chicken souvlaki pita.
Kebab shop garlic sauce with no mayo is awesome as a dip sauce with kebab sauce marinated air fried chicken wings.
The chicken wings shown below are incredibly tender and flavorful, having been first marinated in doner kebab white sauce.
The yogurt based kebab sauce (kebabsås) provides an amazing marinade that makes the wings so juicy and spiced just right!
Knock it out of the park with this recipe for doner garlic sauce and doner red chili sauce on the side.
These delightful marinated air fryer chicken wings are easy to make in the air fryer, and the sauces make them even more of a treat!
More Homemade Doner Kebab Recipes
- Instant Pot Doner Kebab (Kebabkött) — prepare this easy recipe for homemade doner kebab and enjoy it in all of the doner kebab recipes.
- Doner Kebab Plate (Kebabtallrik) — a doner kebab platter with kebab meat, air fryer French fries and a fresh salad. Serve with doner kebab red chili sauce, white kebab sauce and garlic sauce.
- Doner Kebab Roll (Kebabrulle) — wrap up doner kebab meat in a pita bread with sliced veggies and hot peppers for a savory lunch.
- Doner Kebab Sandwich Mix (Kebabröra) in a baguette — super creamy and rich doner kebab salad sandwich mix that is perfect in a baguette or pita wrap.
- Doner Kebab Pita Pizza (Kebabpizza) with Pizza Salad (Pizzasallad) — arrange doner kebab meat on an easy pita pizza, bake for 6 minutes and then drizzle with kebab sauce!
- Kebab Shop Turkish Red Cabbage Salad
- Doner Kebab Sauce (Kebabsås) — doner kebab white sauce with a blend of seasoning and hot sauces that spices up doner kebab rolls, kebab plate, kebab salad and more!
- Doner Kebab Spice Blend (Kebabkrydda) — a spice blend with the perfect seasoning for Instant Pot doner kebab meat.
- Doner Kebab Salad (Kebabsallad) — a lower in carbs yet still hearty lunch with romaine, iceberg lettuce or mixed greens, sliced veggies, hot peppers and kebab sauces.
- Iskender Kebab Plate — sliced doner kebab meat, with Iskender spicy tomato sauce, roasted tomatoes and green peppers with a side of thick yogurt.
- Iskender Kebab Pita Pizza — an amazingly flavorful pizza with sliced doner kebab meat, shredded mozzarella, spicy Iskender tomato sauce and kebab sauce on top!
- Crustless Quiche Doner Kebab — a hearty and low carb keto quiche with spiced doner kebab, kebab sauce, bell peppers, onions and kale.
- Doner Kebab Poutine — a delightful fusion recipe with traditional poutine ingredients topped with doner meat, kebab sauce, tomatoes and onions.
- Doner Kebab Quesadilla — a super tasty and easy appetizer with doner kebab meat, kebab sauce, mozzarella and hot peppers.
More Easy Sauces
- Doner Kebab White Sauce (Kebabsås)
- Doner Kebab Red Sauce (Röd Kebabsås) (shown below)
- Mustard Dill Sauce for Smoked Salmon
- Spicy Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce for Sushi
- Tzatziki Sauce for Gyros and Kebab
Storage Tips for Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce Without Mayo
Store thick and creamy garlic sauce in your refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to four days.
You can freeze it for up to two months, however the texture will change when thawed.
You’ll Also Love
Kebab Shop Red Chili Sauce (Röd Kebabsås) is a delightfully spiced sauce for doner kebab salad (kebabsallad) doner kebab, kebab roll, kebab plate and as a dip sauce for kebab sauce marinated air fryer chicken wings.
Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce (Vitlökssås)
- ½ Cup Labneh, can sub thick Greek yogurt
- ½ Cup Sour Cream, full fat, not light
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, cold pressed extra virgin
- 4 cloves Garlic, fresh clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, freshly pressed
- ½ teaspoon Salt, Himalayan pink salt, ground
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix well.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.