This kebab chicken pizza with its seasoned meat, fresh lettuce, kebab sauce and savory toppings makes this chicken pita pizza hard to beat. A restaurant style experience made quite easily at home!
Very similar to our kebab pita pizza but this pita pizza features marinated chicken cooked quick in the Instant Pot instead of lamb kebab or gyro meat.
The chicken breasts are first marinated in a savory kebab sauce that is a spicy blend of yogurt, garlic and spices. The chicken breasts are infused with flavor to become moist and juicy chicken strips for this delectable pizza.
Savory pimento stuffed sliced green olives and roasted red peppers are great choices with seasoned chicken.
This is a perfect recipe to use with leftover cooked chicken or turkey leftovers. Save time with this easy and healthy way to incorporate leftover turkey that is also very flavorful!
Content in this Post
Ingredients in Kebab Chicken Pizza
- Pita Bread — Lebanese style pita breads are our preference for thin crust pita pizzas.
- Pizza Sauce — use any kind you like, even a thick marinara sauce is nice.
- Mozzarella Cheese — shredded cheese, use pre-shredded or you can shred your own.
- Kebab Chicken — we like to make this kebab chicken in the Instant Pot. You can use sliced oven baked chicken breasts, or any leftover cooked chicken to make this even easier. We love this pizza recipe for chicken or turkey leftovers as well. Just assemble the pizzas in a similar fashion, but use the leftover meat.
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers — You can buy these already prepared in a jar, you just need to slice them. Or you can use your own homemade roasted red bell peppers if you like.
- Green Olives — sliced, use sliced black olives or kalamata olives if you prefer. We sliced some green pimento stuffed olives for this recipe, but you can use canned pre-sliced olives to make it even easier!
- Red Onion — we sliced ours but diced is ok too.
- Lettuce — shredded iceberg lettuce is best.
- Kebab Sauce — you can top this off with a drizzle from a recently made batch of kebab sauce. The recipe is provided below. Our version is lighter and uses yogurt instead of mayo but still packs all the flavor!
- Pepperoncini Peppers — optional, for garnish, if you like them.
Optional Variations of Toppings
You can always change the toppings up, depending on what you have available. Sundried tomatoes, black olives or kalamata olives would also be amazing on this chicken pita pizza!
If you have leftover turkey or leftover chicken, this is a perfect and fast recipe for those.
What to Serve With Kebab Chicken Pizza
We like to keep our side dishes to pita pizzas pretty standard so that it’s easy to plan meals.
Any salad goes well with these, like quinoa parsley salad (tabboulleh), a regular house salad, Caesar or Greek salad.
Our favorites side dishes are Swedish pizza salad (a light and fresh cabbage salad similar to coleslaw) and oven baked spinach artichoke dip. These are two of our go to recipes to serve alongside pita pizzas.
You also can’t go wrong with a side of marinated olives. A side of kebab sauce is a nice touch!
More Pita Pizzas To Try
Pita pizzas are the ultimate dinner optimization – when you want convenience and flavor. You can’t get bored when you make a different one each time.
That’s why we regularly change it up with these faves! These pizzas are made similarly, but satisfy in their own way:
- Kebab Pizza
- Margherita Pita Pizza
- Mozzarella Artichoke Pita Pizza
- Red Lobster Style Crab and Lobster Pita Pizza
- Clam and Kale Pita Pizza
- Sardine and Tomato Pita Pizza
- Date Arugula Goat Cheese Pita Pizza
- Mackerel Pita Pizza
- Leftover Turkey Tikka Masala Pita Pizza
- Tuna Melt Pita Pizza
- Clam White Sauce Pita Pizza
Seriously, you will love the fact that you won’t rely on fast food drive thru, takeout, or grocery store box pizzas.
And you will love that these pita pizzas are nutritious as well. Easily customizable, everyone in your family can find their own favorites!
You can keep your prepared chicken pizzas in the fridge for up to three days, although the pizza is best within one or two.
Keep in mind that the cooked chicken (or turkey if using leftovers) will last in the fridge for up to four days, so you will need to be mindful of when the poultry was cooked.
You’ll Also Love
A super flavorful recipe for cooked marinated chicken or turkey leftovers, you can’t go wrong with this leftover turkey tikka masala pita pizza.
A spiced Indian inspired pizza sauce provides the basis for an incredible dish!
Kebab Chicken Pizza with Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 Pita Bread, Lebanese style
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Chicken Breast, cooked and sliced
- ½ Cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers, sliced
- ¼ Cup Olives, sliced
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Cup Lettuce, shredded
- ½ Cup White Doner Kebab Sauce
- 6 Pepperoncini , peppers, for garnish
White Doner Kebab Sauce (Kebabsås)
- ½ Cup Dahi, or plain yogurt
- ¼ Cup Labneh
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce, We used half each of Franks Red and Green Tabasco
- 1.5 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce, Rooster brand
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning, or taco seasoning, or kebabkrydda
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line an oven safe baking tray with parchment paper. Place two pita breads on it.
- Divide pizza sauce evenly among both pitas.
- Sprinkle sliced onions on the pitas.
- Add the kebab chicken, roasted red bell peppers and olives to the pitas.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the surface of the pitas.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle on shredded lettuce.
- Drizzle with kebab sauce in a circular pattern.
- Garnish with pepperoncini peppers.
- Transfer to individual plates. Serve with pizza salad, regular or Greek salad, and extra kebab sauce on the side.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.