These savory egg and cheese waffles are made with kale and riced cauliflower for a satisfying yet low carb meal. Although these chaffles include healthy ingredients, they feel like pure indulgence because the eggs and cheese make them so rich.
You can serve them on their own or with sliced tomato and bacon.
If you’re feeling jazzy, garnish with salt flakes that offer an enhanced flavor burst when they fall into the chaffle squares.
Content in this Post
Ingredients Used in Kale, Egg And Cheese Waffles
I remember trying to guess the ingredients in these. Smells like broccoli cheese soup, is there broccoli? Nope, he said. Guess again.
After a few more wrong guesses…. So not broccoli, but something green obviously… kale? Yes there’s kale and something else.
Hmm, ok, I really do love the smell of this, let’s try some. Yum, it reminds me of my favorite soup.
Why can’t I figure this out? As much as I love playing this game, I give up.
What can it be?
Riced cauliflower and kale with mozzarella and parmesan.
Ah yes, that explains it. I love cauliflower cheese soup maybe more than broccoli cheese soup. Why didn’t I guess that? Darn.
Now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense. No wonder it turned out to be such a comforting breakfast.
- Eggs — we use two eggs to better bind the kale and riced cauliflower, this recipe may be eggier than others you’re used to.
- Mozzarella Cheese — shredded, could also try shredded cheddar, or similar shredded cheeses
- Kale — we use frozen chopped
- Riced Cauliflower — we use frozen, imparts a lovely texture and taste to the chaffle, flavor hints of cauliflower cheese soup
- Parmesan cheese — shredded from a parmesan block, break off a small piece and use cheese grater
- Hot Sauce — Frank’s red hot is our preference, or tabasco
- Onion Powder – to enhance with additional savory flavor
Not only do these taste great, but you can feel good knowing you’ve just started the day with a healthy low carb breakfast that will keep you going strong!
Health Benefits of Kale and Egg
Kale is one of the most nutritious and healthy plant based foods in the world. Of all the leafy greens, kale takes the lead with very low calories and fat content while high in nutrients and vitamins, such as Vitamin A and Vitamin C and especially Vitamin K. In addition, even though kale is low in fat, most of the fat in kale is made up of Omega 3.
Eggs are known for containing plenty of essential vitamins, such as, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K. Eggs also have much needed minerals, such as Calcium, Iron, Potassium, and Zinc. If you chose eggs containing Omega fats, you also gain the additional health benefits from the Omega 6 and Omega 3 polyunsaturated fats.
Other Breakfast Recipes to Try
If you are looking for more savory breakfast ideas, give our favorite recipes a go:
- Belgian Style Simple Breakfast Waffles (Made with Chaffle Maker)
- Swedish Mini Crêpes Plättar
- Easy Breakfast Crêpes – Thin Swedish Pancakes
- Thick and Creamy Homemade Instant Pot Yogurt
All are super easy to make and everyone will love them!
Kale, Egg And Cheese Waffles (Keto Chaffle)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- ½ cup Riced Cauliflower, Frozen
- ½ cup Kale, Chopped, Frozen
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Hot Sauce, Frank's
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized (2 Quart) bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Scoop up ¼ cup of mix, pour into center of waffle maker and close the lid.
- When the steam is gone from the waffle maker, carefully peel the chaffle from the waffle maker. You can use a spatula around the perimeter of the chaffle to loosen it from the edge.
- Let the chaffle sit for 5 minutes on a cooling rack to solidify the cheese before serving it.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.
Here Are Some Other Recipes From Our Collection