This hearty Instant Pot wild rice pilaf recipe is a side dish full of flavor and satisfying texture, while being colorful, fragrant and nutritious.
Diced veggies and seasoning makes this rice pilaf great on its own, but it becomes extraordinary when it soaks up the butter sauce from the main dishes.
Be sure to serve a main dish that has a butter sauce, like shrimp scampi, lobster tails, lemon butter salmon, to really take advantage of this flavor combo.
Likewise, the sauce from a maple ginger soy sauce dish, like maple ginger salmon, pairs beautifully with wild rice pilaf.
A tasty sauce that complements the rice just takes this rice pilaf to the next level.
That’s really one of the things that makes a seafood restaurant special. The butter sauce that mixes in with the rice pilaf. And mixes in a little with the vegetables also.
That’s really what it’s about. Of course, a little goes a long way and it’s best to consume butter in moderation, but it is a large part of what makes a seafood restaurant such an amazing treat.
But, now we know these main courses with butter and garlic sauce are super easy to make. So we can enjoy this rice pilaf at home more often.
Content in this Post
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe Ingredients
- How To Make Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
- STEP 1: Rinse the Rice
- STEP 2: Prepare the Veggies
- STEP 3: Add the Ingredients
- STEP 4: Add Chicken Broth.
- STEP 5: Pressure Cook
- What To Serve With Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe (Red Lobster Copycat)
- More Super Easy Side Dishes
- Storage Tips For Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
- You’ll Also Love
Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe Ingredients
- Wild Rice — we used a blend of wild and long grain rice.
- Chicken Broth — or vegetable broth.
- Carrots — peeled and shredded.
- Bell Peppers — finely chopped, you can use any color you like.
- Celery — finely chopped
- Butter — can use salted or unsalted, just adjust the amount of salt if necessary.
- Seasoning — Use Old Bay or an all purpose seasoning blend.
- Dried Basil — you can sub other herbs like oregano, and you can use fresh herbs instead if you like.
- Cilantro — finely chopped, you can sub parsley.
- Black Pepper — freshly ground black pepper provides flavor.
- Himalayan Salt — ground pink salt for additional flavor.
- Bay Leaf — also adds flavor.
Optional ingredient variations — you can add in other veggies, like finely diced onions, diced mushrooms and green onions.
How To Make Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
It’s easy to make, especially since it’s made in an Instant Pot.
You won’t have to constantly check on it to ensure it doesn’t boil over, as when rice is made on the stovetop.
That’s what I really love about it, because well, I can get distracted sometimes…
Now where was I?
Ah yes, the steps.
STEP 1: Rinse the Rice
Rinse the rice in fresh water using a rice strainer.
STEP 2: Prepare the Veggies
Grate the carrot and finely chop celery and bell peppers.
STEP 3: Add the Ingredients
Place All Dry Ingredients Into the Instant Pot
STEP 4: Add Chicken Broth.
STEP 5: Pressure Cook
Give it a good stir. Secure the lid and set the pressure valve to SEALING.
Pressure Cook on HIGH pressure and NORMAL temperature for 20 minutes. Allow to natural release pressure for 5 minutes, then release the remaining pressure by turning the pressure valve to VENTING.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe (Red Lobster Copycat)
Instant Pot wild rice is a common restaurant style side dish that is easy to make. It’s versatile and goes so well with a variety of main courses.
It is Red Lobster style and perfect with all of our Red Lobster copycat recipes.
We love it with the following:
- Spicy Maple Ginger Salmon
- Baked Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon
- Baked Lobster Tails
- Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp Skewers
Wild rice pilaf is also wonderful alongside chicken and meat dishes. Give these favorites a try:
- Kebab Chicken — Cut the kebab chicken into strips and serve atop of rice pilaf with vegetables and sauce for a delicious rice bowl!
- Honey BBQ Instant Pot Pork Spare Ribs
- Instant Pot IKEA Swedish Meatballs — this recipe for Swedish meatballs with gravy is truly addictive and tastes fantastic with wild rice pilaf.
- Baked Almond Flour Parmesan Chicken Nuggets — You can cut the chicken nuggets into strips and serve on top of rice pilaf with vegetables and sauce to make a delicious rice bowl!
It pairs well with easy seasoned vegetables, like Brussel sprouts, green beans and broccoli that are all super easy dishes.
More Super Easy Side Dishes
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- Instant Pot Vermicelli Rice
- Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Seasoned Broccoli
- Spicy Masala Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus Cucumber Tomato Salad
Storage Tips For Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
Cooked wild rice pilaf can be stored in the refrigerator, covered in an air tight container, for up to five days. Although, it’s recommended to enjoy leftovers the sooner the better for freshest flavor and texture.
You’ll Also Love
Enjoy these easy Red Lobster Copycat Stuffed Mushroom Caps With Crabmeat — The perfect appetizer for your next seafood dinner party!
Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe (Red Lobster Copycat)
- 2 cups Wild Rice
- 2-½ cups Chicken Broth, no salt added
- ¼ cup Carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup Bell Peppers, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning, Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Rinse the rice in a strainer.
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the bell peppers and celery. Add all of the dry ingredients into the instant pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Give it a good stir. Secure the lid on the instant pot. Set the pressure valve to "Sealing" and pressure cook on HIGH pressure and NORMAL temperature for 20 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes when pressure cycle is completed and then quick release (by setting pressure valve to VENTING).
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.