This Instant Pot marinara sauce with fresh tomatoes is perfect on top of spaghetti squash or regular spaghetti. Super easy and makes endless recipes possible when you have this on hand.
You can make a batch of marinara sauce in your Instant Pot anytime and serve it with low carb or regular carb options.
A lovely recipe for your garden tomatoes when you have them. There’s nothing like the flavor of garden fresh tomatoes.
It’s a versatile sauce that can be used in many recipes, in many different ways.
Try it as part of lasagnas, your favorite spaghetti and pasta dishes, on pita pizzas and in spicy sausage mixes, among many other uses.
Content in this Post
Ingredients in Instant Pot Marinara Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes
- Tomatoes — Both fresh and canned tomatoes are used in this recipe.
- Onions — diced
- Chicken Broth — or use vegetable broth to make it vegan
- Bell Pepper — you can make this marinara sauce recipe with yellow, red or orange bell pepper
- Seasoned Salt — use a seasoned salt blend or this All Purpose Spice Blend
- Garlic Powder — we have garlic powder in our recipe, we find it a little milder for our kids to enjoy, but you can sub minced garlic cloves, 1-2 cloves is a good amount.
- Oil — we use avocado oil
What to Serve With Instant Pot Marinara Sauce
Serve Instant Pot marinara sauce with your favorite spaghetti and pasta dishes.
Our kids especially love it in our Instant Pot lasagna recipe and with ravioli or gnocci.
We like to serve our marinara sauce over low carb vegetable noodles made with either zucchini or spaghetti squash in Instant Pot.
Don’t forget to add a generous sprinkle of grated parmesan parmigiano reggiano cheese on top!
An Italian style house salad or asparagus cucumber tomato salad make great side dishes.
We love to serve baked spinach artichoke dip with our Italian style dishes with marinara sauce. A side of marinated olives is a nice touch!
Easy Recipes With Instant Pot Marinara Sauce
You can use it in many ways – try Instant Pot marinara sauce in these favorites!
- Instant Pot Lasagna – Kid Friendly
- Hot and Creamy Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Sausage Cheese Dip
- Pita Pizzas
You’ll Also Love
Try marinara sauce with fresh tomatoes on zucchini noodles (zoodles) for another fantastic low carb option.
It takes no time at all to use a hand held spiralizer to turn a zucchini into satisfying, low carb noodles to go with your favorite pasta sauces.
You can also use a food processor with a similar function to make your zucchini noodles. Once the noodles are made, you just stir fry them in a little oil for a minute or two.
And if you’d like to try something different, zucchini noodles are especially good with this favorite savory goat cheese pasta sauce.
It’s a creamy sauce with sliced cucumber and diced ham.
You’ll be surprised at how well these ingredients go together in a white sauce for pasta. I know I was! It’s a recipe we always love to come back to.
Pasta Sauce in Instant Pot is another favorite sauce for regular or low carb noodles.
You can serve any of these pasta sauces right in a cooked spaghetti squash in Instant Pot for a low carb option.
Time Saving Tips
We love to cook instant pot spaghetti squash in one instant pot and regular spaghetti or pasta in our other Instant Pot.
They cook in roughly the same amount of time and we end up with a satisfying lunch or dinner that satisfies the whole family.
It works so well for us with our family of seven. If you have a large family or need to cook a lot of food fast, you should check out the eight benefits of owning two Instant Pots.
We own and regularly use our two Instant Pots and they are beyond useful to us. They are perfect for cooking up pleasing meals for the whole family, especially at the last minute.
Store your marinara sauce with fresh tomatoes in the fridge for up to three days for best flavor.
Marinara sauce freezes well for up to six months in a freezer safe air tight container. We like to make a large batch and freeze the extra sauce to have another time.
It’s so convenient to have a container of marinara sauce to thaw out for a quick meal when you’re short on time.
Instant Pot Marinara Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 28 ounces Canned Tomatoes, San Marzano tomatoes, don't drain
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, or vegetable for vegan recipe
- 2 tablespoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder, or 1-2 cloves, minced
- Add the cooking oil to the Instant Pot and press sauté. When the display reads "HOT" add the onions.
- Sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Add the canned tomatoes, broth and all spices.
- Blend all ingredients using an immersion blender.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the pressure valve to sealing and pressure cook on HIGH for zero minutes. Quick release when cycle is complete.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.