These garlic butter baked IKEA salmon fillets with lemon dill sauce are an easy family favorite dinner with seafood restaurant quality.
Salmon fillets are an easy, flavorful and impressive main course that takes literally five minutes of preparation time. They’re absolutely delicious when served with a variety of side dishes like mashed potatoes, broccoli and salad, that round out the meal.
The steps to make these really can’t be simpler – just melt some butter and stir in some garlic, lemon and salt. Pour that over the salmon and bake!
You can purchase salmon fillets at your local grocery store, or if you live close to an IKEA store, you can find some IKEA salmon fillets in their Supermarket.
This preparation is our favorite IKEA salmon filet recipe. It’s easy to make in the oven and you can top it with IKEA LÄCKERGOM lemon and dill sauce.
We love to serve these salmon fillets with Swedish style Hasselback potatoes and a simple salad to complete the meal.
Although, you can serve your favorite vegetable side dishes, like lobster mashed potatoes or rice pilaf to go with these tasty salmon fillets.
We also really love maple glazed salmon with lingonberry jam from IKEA.
Content in this Post
- Ingredients in IKEA Salmon Fillet With Lemon Dill Sauce
- Health Benefits of Salmon
- Nutrition Facts for IKEA SJORAPPORT Salmon Fillet
- Why You’ll Love This Salmon Fillet Recipe
- How to Make IKEA Salmon Fillets With Lemon Dill Sauce
- STEP 1 – Make Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce.
- STEP 2 – Prepare Salmon Fillets
- STEP 3 – Bake in preheated oven.
- STEP 4 – Heat Lemon Dill Sauce
- What to Serve With IKEA Salmon Fillets With Lemon Dill Sauce
- IKEA Atlantic Salmon Fillets Cooking Instructions
- Storage Tips
- Best Uses for Leftover Salmon Fillets
- More Easy Salmon Recipes
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients in IKEA Salmon Fillet With Lemon Dill Sauce
- Salmon fillet — IKEA salmon fillets are conveniently cut into portions that you can bake from frozen or thaw them out ahead of cooking. Otherwise, you can choose to use fresh salmon fillet from your local grocery store, preferable on the day of purchase. You can cut any large salmon fillet into smaller portions.
- Butter — we use salted butter but unsalted is fine.
- Garlic — one clove of garlic, minced, is a good amount but you can adjust to your liking. Don’t like garlic? No problem, you can leave it out.
- Lemon — freshly squeezed lemon juice is best
- Salt — Himalayan, ground, or you can leave it out if using salted butter.
Health Benefits of Salmon
Salmon contains healthy fat and is rich in omega 3. It is high in protein, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12, as well as being high in selenium.
Nutrition Facts for IKEA SJORAPPORT Salmon Fillet
For one serving (one fillet, 125g)
- Calories per serving 280
- Total Fat 19g, Saturated fat 2.5g, Trans fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 25mg
- Total Carbohydrates 0g
- Total Sugars 0g
- Protein 27g
- Vitamin D 13mcg (60% daily value)
- Calcium 60mg (4% daily value)
- Potassium 560mg (10% daily value)
Why You’ll Love This Salmon Fillet Recipe
At the end of our IKEA trips, we’re sure to swing by IKEA’s supermarket to pick up Swedish groceries that can otherwise be difficult to find outside of Sweden.
We are always sure to grab some SJÖRAPPORT salmon fillets and LÄCKERGOM lemon dill sauce because that will lead to a super easy and delicious dinner. It’s practically effortless and it’s a meal everyone loves! Win Win!
Not only are they tasty, but salmon fillets are full of health benefits. With omega 3 fatty acids, selenium as well as being protein rich, these conveniently packaged fillets make it easy to get more heart healthy fish in your diet.
Whenever we’re at IKEA, our family loves to stop by the restaurant for shrimp sandwiches, smoked salmon and, of course, Swedish meatballs. You can also pick up the main ingredients for these dishes in the IKEA supermarket and enjoy them again at home.
How to Make IKEA Salmon Fillets With Lemon Dill Sauce
You can follow these easy salmon fillet SJÖRAPPORT IKEA salmon cooking instructions.
STEP 1 – Make Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce.
Combine the garlic lemon butter sauce ingredients in a bowl.
STEP 2 – Prepare Salmon Fillets
Butter an oven safe baking dish. Place salmon fillets in the dish and pour the garlic lemon butter sauce over the salmon.
STEP 3 – Bake in preheated oven.
Place baking dish with salmon fillets and butter sauce into the preheated oven. Depending on your oven, you’ll need to bake them for 15-18 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily.
You’ll want to be sure the salmon is cooked through and has reached a safe internal temperature. Use a digital food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fish to ensure it has reached at least 145°F
While the salmon is in the oven, you can heat the lemon dill sauce (STEP 4).
STEP 4 – Heat Lemon Dill Sauce
Heat lemon dill sauce in a medium saucepan on the stove using low to medium heat. Bring to boil, then remove from heat and set aside. Cover it so it will stay warm until the salmon is ready to go.
Once salmon is cooked fully, let it rest for five minutes and then transfer to individual serving plates.
Spoon warm lemon dill sauce over each salmon fillet.
What to Serve With IKEA Salmon Fillets With Lemon Dill Sauce
Salmon fillets are incredibly versatile and can be served with a variety of side dishes. Our favorite way to enjoy IKEA salmon fillet has got to be with IKEA LÄCKERGOM lemon and dill sauce and Swedish Hasselback potatoes.
Also fantastic are:
- steamed broccoli or steamed mixed vegetables
- Instant Pot Brussel sprouts
- garlic green beans
- Instant Pot wild rice pilaf
- Instant Pot mushroom rice pilaf are great sides to serve with lemon butter salmon.
- House style salad with mixed greens
We also love Instant Pot mashed potatoes or Instant Pot mini dill potatoes. IKEA lemon dill sauce is fantastic with these potatoes, but if you don’t have it you can enjoy with sour cream and freshly snipped chives! You can substitute Instant Pot homemade yogurt or labneh for sour cream if you have some.
IKEA Atlantic Salmon Fillets Cooking Instructions
The cooking instructions provided on IKEA’s SJORAPPORT Atlantic Salmon Fillets are:
Storage: Keep frozen below 0°F. Do not refreeze once defrosted.
Preparation: Prepare in oven. Preheat, 350°F. Frozen product 14-16 minutes. Defrosted product 8-9 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Our fillets were partially defrosted by the time we baked ours and we found that between 15-18 minutes was needed for our oven so you might need to adjust the timing.
After cooking, be sure to use a digital food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the salmon to be sure the temperature reaches 145°F.
We love to use IKEA frozen salmon fillets that you can find at IKEA Supermarket if you live near one. These are perfectly portioned and keep for months in the freezer.
Once cooked, the salmon can be kept in the fridge for three days but the taste is much better if consumed within a day or two. We try to finish our leftover salmon the next day.
If using fresh salmon fillets from a local grocery store, we like to plan to bake our fresh salmon the day it is purchased, or the next day. You can keep them in the fridge for up to two days but of course, the sooner you cook them the better.
If you need to freeze it, ensure the fillet is wrapped air tight in foil and then sealed in a freezer safe bag. Fresh salmon fillets can be kept safely frozen for up to three months.
You can freeze cooked salmon for about four to six months.
Best Uses for Leftover Salmon Fillets
Leftover salmon fillets can be enjoyed as is or you can mix them up for a salmon salad sandwich.
Another great option for leftover salmon is to make a seafood chowder with bite sized pieces of salmon.
More Easy Salmon Recipes
If you also enjoy smoked salmon gravlax, there are countless easy salmon recipes you can make with IKEA gravlax. We love to incorporate it into these amazingly simple sushi rolls below:
- Creamy Gravlax Salmon Uramaki Roll
- Gravlax Salmon Maki Roll
- Gravlax Salmon Sushi Roll Uramaki
- Canned Salmon Sushi Roll Uramaki
- Smoked Salmon Salad Sandwich
You’ll Also Love
Enjoy this super easy IKEA style smoked salmon gravlax salad with IKEA gravlax.
IKEA Salmon Fillet With Lemon Dill Sauce
- ½ Pound Salmon Fillets, 2 fillets, IKEA SJÖRAPPORT or similar
- ¼ cup Butter, salted
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove Garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon Salt, Himalayan
- ½ Cup Lemon Dill Sauce, IKEA LÄCKERGOM
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter an oven safe baking dish.
- Place Salmon fillets in the baking dish. We have cooked two fillets (half a pound) although you can cook all four fillets (one pound) if you like (just double the remaining ingredients).
- Melt butter in microwave (try 25 seconds or more) in microwave safe bowl or mug.
- Add lemon juice, salt and grated garlic to the melted butter and stir.
- Pour the lemon butter over the salmon fillet.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily. *Use a digital food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fish to ensure it has reached at least 145°F. Let salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove to individual serving plates. Ladle the lemon dill sauce over the salmon fillets. Garnish with fresh dill and lemon slices.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.