Homemade doner kebab red sauce (röd kebabsås) has just the right amount of spice for your doner kebab recipes. You’re going to love this doner kebab chili sauce (chilisås) on everything!
Inspired by Turkish doner kebab shop sauce, this is such a flavorful sauce that you can choose to puree into a smooth sauce or keep it with some texture.
Either way, it will accentuate your favorite dishes, with savory garlic, tomatoes, onions and red chili peppers.
It’s excellent as a sauce on top of doner kebab salad, kebab plate and kebab roll. It’s a delicious sauce that you will find goes well with so many dishes.
You can use it as a spicy sauce for pizzas, in pasta dishes, in chicken pita wraps or as a dipping sauce for chicken wings. It’s extremely versatile and you’ll have no trouble finding ways to enjoy doner kebab chili sauce.
Content in this Post
- Ingredients In Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce (Röd Kebabsås)
- How To Make Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce (Röd Kebabsås)
- STEP 1: Saute Onions, Garlic & Chili Peppers
- STEP 2: Blend Vegetables
- STEP 3: Reduce The Sauce
- STEP 4: Transfer to Bowl
- What To Serve With Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce Röd Kebabsås
- Best Uses For Leftover Doner Kebab Red Sauce
- More Easy Homemade Doner Kebab Recipes
- Storage Tips For Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce Röd Kebabsås
- More Easy Sauce Recipes
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients In Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce (Röd Kebabsås)
- Diced Tomatoes — canned diced tomatoes, we like San Marzano type but you can use any.
- Onions — diced red, white or yellow onions.
- Olive Oil — cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, can sub avocado oil.
- Tomato Paste — prepared tomato paste, usually canned.
- Red Chili — use four red chilis, or adjust more or less to your taste.
- Vinegar — red wine vinegar, other types of vinegar can be substituted.
- Garlic — three cloves, peeled and minced.
- Chili Pepper — we use Kashmiri chili powder, that we purchase from Indian grocery stores, but it is quite spicy and a little goes a long way.
How To Make Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce (Röd Kebabsås)
STEP 1: Saute Onions, Garlic & Chili Peppers
In a skillet on medium high heat on the stove top, heat olive oil and sauté diced onions, minced garlic and sliced chili peppers. NOTE: exercise caution when handling chili peppers as they can sting hands and eyes if touched.
STEP 2: Blend Vegetables
After one minute, remove from heat. Use a food processor to blend the stir fried onions, garlic and hot chili peppers.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and vinegar to the food processor with the onion garlic pepper mix and continue to puree.
STEP 3: Reduce The Sauce
Pour the pureed tomato red chili sauce back into the skillet on medium heat. Allow to simmer until enough water has evaporated and you have reached your desired consistency.
STEP 4: Transfer to Bowl
If you need to, you can puree once again with a handheld blender. Or, you can keep it as is, with some texture. Depending on how well you pureed in Step 2, you may prefer to skip this.
Transfer the pureed red chili kebab sauce into a bowl and cover. Let chill in the fridge until ready to use.
What To Serve With Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce Röd Kebabsås
Homemade doner kebab chili sauce is the perfect condiment with doner kebab shop recipes.
From Instant Pot doner kebab, to doner plate, doner salad, doner roll and more, you’ll have many uses for this sauce!
You might like to try it on other dishes as well, to get that kebab shop chili sauce flavor in more favorites, in burgers, pizzas, or as a sauce for marinated air fryer chicken wings.
Best Uses For Leftover Doner Kebab Red Sauce
If you find yourself with leftover doner kebab red sauce, a perfect quick dish to use it in is the Spicy Homemade Iskender Kebab Pita Pizza. The sauce makes a great pasta sauce to go with the Instant Pot Doner Kebab meat as topping. The spicy sauce and tasty meat goes great together to create this simple but very satisfying pizza. And, you only need about a quarter cup of it to get two pita pizzas.
If you have half a cup of the sauce and some pasta in the fridge, you can also use the leftover red sauce as base for a spicy pasta sauce. Just stir fry some vegetables of your choice in a skillet. When the vegetables are tender, toss in the pasta and the sauce and you have a quick and delicious spicy pasta lunch.
More Easy Homemade Doner Kebab Recipes
Make a batch (or double batch) of homemade Instant Pot doner kebab and then serve it up in these super tasty recipes:
- Instant Pot Doner Kebab (Kebabkött)
- Doner Kebab Plate (Kebabtallrik)
- Doner Kebab Salad (Kebabsallad) (shown below)
- Doner Kebab Pita Pizza
- Doner Kebab Roll (Kebabrulle)
- Doner Kebab Spice Blend (Kebabkrydda)
- Doner Kebab Creamy Sandwich Mix (Kebabröra)
- Iskender Kebab Pita Pizza
- Doner Kebab Quesadilla
- Doner Kebab Poutine
- Crustless Quiche Doner Kebab
These are all so different, and you’ll love to try kebab in new ways each time! You’ll love these recipes with a side of kebab shop Turkish red cabbage salad.
Storage Tips For Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce Röd Kebabsås
Red doner kebab sauce can be refrigerated, tightly covered, and It’s best enjoyed within three days.
However, if you’d rather freeze any leftover, the doner kebab red sauce can be stored for three months that way. Be sure to use a freezer safe container.
More Easy Sauce Recipes
- Doner Kebab Sauce (Kebabsås) (shown on salad below)
- Doner Kebab Garlic Sauce (Vitlökssås)
- Spicy Sriracha Sushi Dipping Sauce Without Mayo
- Tzatziki Sauce for Gyros and Kebab
- Mustard Dill Sauce IKEA Copycat
You’ll Also Love
Homemade Doner Kebab Red Sauce (Röd Kebabsås)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil, extra virgin
- ½ cup Red Onion, chopped
- 4 Red Chili Peppers, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 14 ounces Chopped Tomatoes, about 1-½ cup
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Pepper, optional, or sub cayenne
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet. Add the onions, chili peppers and garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and run it to your desired consistency.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar and chili pepper. Continue to puree until you've reached desired consistency.
- Place the ingredients back in the skillet and sauté while stirring occasionally until most of the liquid is evaporated (about 10 minutes).
- Puree with a handheld immersion blender or regular blender, to desired consistency. Feel free to omit this step.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let chill before serving.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.