This gyros pita pizza with feta is a bright and colorful flavor combo, the perfect way to enjoy easy homemade gyros any time you like!
This pizza is easy to put together, and full of flavorful ingredients, like olives, feta, spinach, tomato and garlic.
It’s easily customizable, so if you don’t like one or more toppings, it’s ok to leave them out. Since there’s so much flavor in this, it’s so good even when it’s made a lot plainer.
Try it with gyros, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and spinach for a simpler pizza that tastes amazing.
However you choose to enjoy it, decked out or with fewer toppings, you are going to love this pizza.
You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make homemade gyros. Our recipe shares tips on how to keep the gyro meat tightly wrapped in the Instant Pot, to ensure it stays together for easy slicing, whether warm or cold.
This pizza recipe is also the perfect use for any leftover gyros.
Content in this Post
- Gyros Pita Pizza Ingredients
- How To Make Gyros Pita Pizza With Feta
- STEP 1: Cover Pita With Sauce
- STEP 2: Sprinkle On Shredded Cheese
- STEP 3: Add Sliced Onions, Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
- STEP 4: Place Spinach and Olives on Top
- STEP 5: Arrange Gyros and Seasoning
- STEP 6: Add Feta and Garlic
- STEP 7: Bake
- What To Serve With Gyros Pita Pizza With Feta
- Storage Tips For Gyros Pita Pizza
- More Easy Pita Pizzas
- You’ll Also Love
Gyros Pita Pizza Ingredients
- Pita — We tend to stick with regular or whole wheat Lebanese style pita bread for all of our pita pizzas because it’s less doughy and provides a nice thin crust that we prefer. Although, Greek pita bread and other flatbread types are an excellent choice for gyros pizzas.
- Gyro Meat — use from Instant Pot Gyros recipe, or store bought.
- Feta Cheese — feta cheese can be cut into small cubes or crumbled.
- Cherry Tomatoes — red or multicolor cherry tomatoes, cut in halves.
- Spinach — fresh spinach, keep whole leaves or slice them if you like.
- Onions — red onions, sliced, sub white or yellow onions.
- Green Peppers — sliced green peppers, can sub red, orange or yellow bell peppers.
- Pizza Sauce –use a good quality pizza sauce for the best result.
- Garlic — one or two fresh cloves, minced, optional.
- Pepper Flakes — hot pepper flakes are optional, but add flavor.
- Greek Seasoning — homemade or store bought for convenience. Can sub dried oregano.
- Olive Oil — cold pressed extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- Mozzarella — shredded mozzarella cheese, can sub other types of shredded cheeses.
How To Make Gyros Pita Pizza With Feta
STEP 1: Cover Pita With Sauce
Begin by preheating the oven to 425°F. Line an oven safe baking sheet with parchment paper. Add pita bread and cover evenly with pizza sauce.
STEP 2: Sprinkle On Shredded Cheese
Add mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza sauce.
STEP 3: Add Sliced Onions, Tomatoes and Bell Peppers
Continue with the vegetable toppings. Add sliced red onions, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced bell peppers.
STEP 4: Place Spinach and Olives on Top
Arrange the sliced or whole spinach leaves, as well as pitted and sliced black or kalamata olives on top of the pizzas.
STEP 5: Arrange Gyros and Seasoning
Arrange gyro slices evenly among the pizzas and sprinkle on the Greek seasoning and hot pepper flakes if using.
STEP 6: Add Feta and Garlic
Diced or crumbled feta and minced garlic (optional) are added evenly among both pizzas.
STEP 7: Bake
Lastly, transfer the tray to the preheated oven and bake for seven minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle each with some cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.
Transfer to individual plates to serve.
What To Serve With Gyros Pita Pizza With Feta
You can serve gyros pita pizza with feta with salads, souvlaki and tzatziki as part of a Greek inspired dinner menu. Try it with any of the following:
- Horiatiki Salad
- Greek Orzo Salad With Feta
- Chicken Souvlaki Kebab in Oven
- Souvlaki Pita Pizza With Feta
- Tzatziki Sauce For Gyros and Kebab
- Instant Pot Lamb Gyros
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
We also love to serve all of our pita pizzas with Swedish style cabbage pizza salad that is light, crisp and refreshing side dish.
Storage Tips For Gyros Pita Pizza
Keep Gyros pita pizza leftovers in the fridge, tightly sealed, for up to three days. It’s best to enjoy them within a day or two as the pita bread will soften.
More Easy Pita Pizzas
- Murgh Makhani aka Butter Chicken
- Kebab Pizza or Chicken Kebab Pizza
- Margherita or Fresh Mozzarella and Artichoke
- Leftover Turkey Tikka Masala
- Sardine in Tomato Sauce or Mackerel in Tomato Sauce
- Crab Melt or Tuna Melt
- Clam White Sauce or Red Sauce Clam
- Date Arugula and Goat Cheese
- Souvlaki Pita Pizza With Feta
- Red Lobster Style Crab
You’ll Also Love
Gyros Pita Pizza With Feta
- 6 ounces Gyro Meat
- 2 Pita Bread, wholewheat
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Green Peppers
- ½ cup Black Olives, pitted, sliced
- ½ cup Red Onions, sliced
- ½ cup Baby Spinach, slivered
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves, optional, minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon Greek Seasoning, optional, sub oregano
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place two pita bread side by side on it.
- Evenly spread the tomato sauce on the pita bread.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add the garlic, onions, tomatoes, and green peppers to the pizzas.
- Add the baby spinach and black peppers.
- Add the gyro meat, Greek seasoning and hot pepper flakes.
- Lastly, add the feta cheese and garlic on top. Cook in the oven for 7 minutes at 425 °F. Remove from oven and drizzle with some cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, if you like. Transfer each to individual plates and serve.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.