This doner kebab spice blend (kebabkrydda) is the perfect seasoning for homemade doner kebab recipes. It’s a versatile, multipurpose seasoning blend that you will be glad to have ready to go for use in so many recipes!
We love to make homemade doner kebab meat often in our Instant Pot because it’s a super simple recipe with all of the satisfying flavors from the restaurant versions.
Making doner kebab meat from scratch ensures that you are getting pure meat without fillers, and we have noticed that our recipe isn’t greasy like the store bought prepackaged types.
What has become one of our favorite dinners over the years, is made possible due to this easy recipe for doner kebab seasoning.
Depending on where you live, you might be able to purchase doner kebab spice blend (kebabkrydda in Swedish) at your local grocery store.
But, if you can’t find it or you’d like to make your own kebab spice recipe, it’s a blend with common spices that you may already have in your spice collection.
That’s right. With this spice blend, you can make easy dinners like homemade doner kebab rolls, doner kebab salad, and doner kebab plate with fries.
What’s more, you can use any leftovers in fantastic appetizers like doner kebab poutine and doner kebab quesadillas.
Or an unforgettable brunch with crustless quiche doner kebab, Turkish red cabbage salad and some baked potato wedges.
Keep a batch of this doner kebab spice blend handy and you’ll be able to enjoy these amazingly tasty kebab shop recipes.
Content in this Post
Ingredients in Doner Kebab Spice Blend (Kebabkrydda)
- Pepper — Black pepper, freshly ground.
- Oregano — we love the flavor of oregano in this blend.
- Cumin — ground cumin, adds a savory element to the spice blend.
- Paprika — Smoked paprika is an excellent choice for this spice blend.
- Cayenne Pepper — use cayenne pepper for a little kick.
- Garlic Powder — you can use regular garlic powder. We like to keep some freeze dried minced garlic that we put in a spare pepper mill. That way we can have freshly ground garlic powder when we need it.
- Coriander — ground coriander, for a savory flavor accent.
- Chili Powder — we use Kashmiri chili powder, but it is spicier – If you think it might be too much, you may want to reduce the amount or use regular chili powder.
- Cinnamon — you can use regular or Ceylon cinnamon powder
How To Make Doner Kebab Spice Blend (Kebabkrydda)
It’s easy, just put all of the kebab spice recipe ingredients into a bowl and stir! Then, pour into a spice jar and store in a cool, dry place.
What Recipes Can You Make With Doner Kebab Spice Blend (Kebabkrydda)?
Doner kebab spice is useful in a variety of kebab shop doner kebab recipes:
- Instant Pot Doner Kebab Meat — We love to make up a batch of doner kebab meat in our Instant Pot. It’s so convenient and perfect in all of your favorite doner kebab shop recipes. Use it in Kebab Pizza, Kebab Roll, Kebab Plate and Kebab Salad recipes, among others!
- Kebab Pita Pizza — Use Instant Pot doner kebab meat, seasoned with kebab spice blend (kebabkrydda) in Kebab pita pizza. The doner kebab meat, kebab sauce, hot peppers and fresh lettuce sprinkled on top make this worthy of a place in your weekly rotation!
- Kebab Sauce (Kebabsås) — Savory doner kebab white sauce, with Turkish labneh and sour cream, hot sauce and of course, kebab spice blend (kebabkrydda). This is a tempting sauce, and it’s so good on everything. It’s especially tasty on doner kebab meat, kebab pizzas, kebab roll, kebab salad and kebab plate with fries!
- Kebab Roll (Kebabrulle) — This kebab roll is THE best. It’s made with Instant Pot doner kebab meat recipe with a generous amount of kebab spice blend (kebabkrydda). Served in a pita, with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, hot peppers and kebab sauce, this kebab roll will satisfy all of your doner kebab shop cravings!
- Kebab Plate (Kebabtallrik) — While you’ve got some Instant Pot doner kebab meat, you can make this savory kebab plate with air fryer French fries. Don’t forget extra servings of kebab sauce for the kebab meat and fries!
- Instant Pot Kebab Chicken Breast — This Instant Pot kebab chicken breast, is marinated in kebab sauce that includes this doner kebab spice blend (kebabkrydda).
- Crustless Quiche Doner Kebab — a flavor packed, low carb, high protein quiche with doner kebab meat, kebab sauce, kale and bell peppers.
- Doner Kebab Quesadilla — One of the best answers to what to do with leftover doner kebab meat!
- Doner Kebab Poutine — a delightful twist on a comforting classic. Add doner kebab meat, kebab sauce, onions and tomatoes for an unforgettable appetizer or main dish.
You can use kebab seasoning in virtually any meat recipe – in meatballs, steak, chicken, chicken kebab meat and more!
We also love to season pasta sauce with it for an extra kick.
Don’t forget to add kebab shop Turkish red cabbage salad to your doner kebab inspired dishes.
Substitutes for Doner Kebab Spice Blend (Kebabkrydda)
We definitely recommend using doner kebab seasoning if you can. Especially in the doner kebab meat for the most authentic flavor. Although, in a pinch the best substitutes for kebab spice blend are:
- Taco Seasoning
- All Purpose Seasoning
More Easy Homemade Spice Blends
- All Purpose Spicy Masala Seasoning — with Indian inspired flavors, this is a time saver for many curry and masala dishes. You can use it to spice up oven roasted vegetables, spiced nuts and meat and rice dishes.
- All Purpose Seasoning — a milder seasoning blend, with enough flavor for many common recipes in everyday cooking.
- BBQ Dry Rub Recipe Without Sugar — a unique flavor palette made by mixing up a ratio of our three common spice blends (all purpose, all purpose spicy masala and pumpkin pie spice). You could sub kebabkrydda for regular all purpose to take the spice up a notch.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice — recommended for all of the pumpkin spice recipes during the fall season!
You’ll Also Love
You’ll love the flavor of bite sized doner kebab meat in a creamy sauce in this homemade Doner Kebab Salad Sandwich Mix (Kebabröra). Serve it in a baguette or pita wrap.
Doner Kebab Spice Blend (Kebabkrydda)
- 2.5 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 5 teaspoons Oregano
- 2.5 teaspoons Cumin
- 5 teaspoons Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne
- 5 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2.5 teaspoons Coriander
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder, use Kashmiri chili for more heat!
- 1.5 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Pour all of the kebab spice recipe ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a spice jar.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.