Especially for being so easy to make, these tasty doner kebab quesadillas have a particular wow factor!
Quesadillas are made almost daily in our house. Our kids love them mainly in their basic versions with sauce, mild meats and cheese.
For mom and dad though, those plain ones just aren’t going to cut it. But it’s no problem since with just a few extra ingredients we can take our quesadillas to a whole new level.
We love to make these right after we’ve made a batch of Instant Pot doner kebab meat. Or we like to prepare them the next day with doner kebab leftovers.
It’s so easy to make the kebab meat and when you can put leftovers to work in such a tasty way, it’s totally worth it!
We also love this butter chicken quesadilla! Where again, you can use leftovers from an easy Instant Pot meal and turn them into an easy and outstanding dish.
Content in this Post
- Ingredients in Doner Kebab Quesadilla
- Why You’ll Love This Doner Kebab Quesadilla Recipe
- How To Make Doner Kebab Quesadilla
- STEP 1 – Cover Tortilla With Sauce
- STEP 2 – Add Toppings
- STEP 3 – Sprinkle on Cheese
- STEP 4 – Fold Over and Cook
- What To Serve With Doner Kebab Quesadilla
- More Doner Kebab Recipes
- Storage Tips
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients in Doner Kebab Quesadilla
- Tortilla — We use Mexican style plain flour tortillas (large), although you can substitute other types if you wish.
- Doner Kebab Meat — from Instant Pot doner kebab meat recipe. You can substitute store bought kebab meat or gyro meat for ease of preparation.
- Pizza Sauce — you can prepare these with regular pizza sauce or red chili kebab sauce from doner kebab red sauce recipe. If we don’t have red chili sauce, we use pizza sauce for convenience and they are still fantastic!
- Kebab Sauce –from kebab sauce recipe, also provided in recipe card below.
- Shredded Cheese — mozzarella, or other types of cheese such as Monterrey Jack would also be fabulous on this.
- Red Onion — finely sliced red onion is a lovely addition to this, although you can skip if you don’t like them.
- Hot Peppers — hot banana pickled pepper rings or sliced jalapenos. You can omit if you don’t want these to be as spicy.
Why You’ll Love This Doner Kebab Quesadilla Recipe
Quesadillas are a perfect meal option for customizing each dish according to personal preference. Choose your favorite toppings and decide what to leave out. This ensures everyone in the family is happy.
For you spice lovers, go ahead and add all of the spiced doner kebab meat, hot peppers and onions you can handle.
Feel good knowing that the homemade doner kebab meat is healthier than the greasy store bought varieties. The homemade doner kebab shop sauces that we suggest are also lighter options made with yogurt that don’t miss any flavor.
How To Make Doner Kebab Quesadilla
STEP 1 – Cover Tortilla With Sauce
Place a tortilla on a plate or clean work surface. Spread pizza sauce or kebab shop style red chili sauce on one half of the tortilla. Similarly, cover the other half with kebab sauce.
STEP 2 – Add Toppings
On one half, place your doner kebab meat and toppings (sliced onions and hot peppers).
STEP 3 – Sprinkle on Cheese
Arrange the shredded cheese over the kebab meat and toppings.
STEP 4 – Fold Over and Cook
Fold the tortilla over into a half moon shape. Use a grill pan on the stove top, a panini press or griddle to heat both sides for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and tortilla is a nice golden color.
Tip: Cook two at once in a large non stick skillet or grill pan.
Once they are done, transfer to a serving plate with a side of extra kebab sauce.
What To Serve With Doner Kebab Quesadilla
Any of the typical kebab shop sauces will go splendidly alongside. We like to serve extra kebab sauce on the side, but they are all amazing!
Kebab Shop Sauces:
Kebab Shop Salads:
More Doner Kebab Recipes
Check out this post with amazing recipe ideas for leftover doner kebab. Here are some doner kebab shop inspired favorites:
- Doner Kebab Pita Pizza
- Doner Kebab Salad
- Doner Kebab Roll
- Kebab shop Turkish red cabbage salad
- Doner Kebab Poutine
- Doner Kebab Plate
- Doner Kebab Spice Blend
- Crustless Quiche Doner Kebab
Once cooked, you can cover and keep the quesadillas in the fridge for a day or two. Reheat, using the same method you used to cook them. Or you can microwave them for 30 seconds or so, if you prefer.
You’ll Also Love
You’re going to love this homemade kebab salad sandwich mix kebabröra recipe! With bite sized doner kebab meat in a savory, creamy sauce that will blow your mind. Serve in a baguette or pita wrap.
And since you’ve made all of these sauces already, you’ll want to get out your air fryer for these super delicious kebab sauce marinated chicken wings.
Don’t even get me started on how amazing they are with both kebab shop red chili sauce and garlic sauce!
Doner Kebab Quesadilla
- ½ Tablespoon Butter, for the pan
- 2 Tortillas, Mexican style flour tortilla
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce, sub kebab red chili sauce if desired
- ½ Cup White Doner Kebab Sauce, prepared
- ½ Cup Doner Kebab Meat, prepared
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, finely sliced
- ¼ Cup Hot Peppers
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded, sub cheddar or other shredded cheeses
- The recipe amounts are for two quesadillas but we show only one being made in the preparation steps. *Remember to divide each ingredient in half among both tortillas. Set tortilla down on a clean surface or plate. Spread pizza sauce on one half of the tortilla. Cover the remaining half with kebab sauce.
- On one half, place the doner kebab meat over sauce. Next, add toppings such as thinly sliced red onion and hot peppers.
- Arrange the shredded cheese over top of the kebab meat and toppings.
- Fold the tortilla over to make a half moon shape.
- Carefully pick up and place the quesadilla into a non stick fry pan or skillet on medium high heat. Tip: You can cook two quesadillas at the same time on the stove top. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the cheese is melted and the quesadilla has a nice golden color. Alternatively, you can use a griddle or panini press. Remove from pan, using a large spatula and place on a plate with a side of kebab sauce, if desired. Cut into 4 pieces using a pizza roller or knife.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.