This cranberry pineapple sauce in Instant Pot is savory and sweet with warming spiced flavors from Kashmiri chili and fresh ginger. Sweet pineapple, fresh or canned, is the perfect complement to your tart, fresh or frozen cranberries.
Cranberry sauce with pineapple is so good, you may never want plain cranberry sauce ever again.
Since we’ve started making it with pineapple, that’s been it for us! This is our go to cranberry sauce recipe.
Since we don’t like to add refined sugar to our dishes, the pineapple is a perfect choice to sweeten this. Of course there’s sugar in the canned pineapple juice, but it’s for a special occasion. 🙂 As well, a little maple syrup adds to the sweetness of this dish.
We add a little Kashmiri chili pepper and it gives the sauce some heat. Even though it’s only about an eighth teaspoon, we certainly notice the chili pepper.
We like it this way, though, but if you don’t want your sauce to be spicy, you may want to omit the Kasmiri chili pepper.
Another change we’ve made is to cook pineapple cranberry sauce in the Instant Pot instead of on a stove top or in a slow cooker.
Although you can use those methods, it’s just so much simpler to load up and set your pressure cooker to four minutes.
You don’t need to worry about overcooking your pineapple cranberry sauce or having to watch over it. The Instant Pot is not only hands free, but also perfectly cooked through and with all of the flavor intact.
Content in this Post
Ingredients in Cranberry Pineapple Sauce in Instant Pot
- Cranberries — 12 oz, whole, fresh or frozen.
- Pineapple — fresh or canned, cut in chunks.
- Pineapple Juice — reserve canned pineapple juice, or use orange juice.
- Maple Syrup — pure 100% maple syrup.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice — we use our pumpkin pie spice. You can make your own or use store bought.
- Chili Pepper — we used Kashmiri chili pepper, or you can use a little cayenne pepper, optional.
- Ginger — fresh, minced, optional.
How To Make Cranberry Pineapple Sauce in Instant Pot
It’s so simple to make cranberry pineapple sauce in Instant Pot. Once you try it, you will be amazed at the result.
Basically, all you do is fill your Instant Pot with your ingredients and set your Instant Pot to four minutes at HIGH pressure.
Once complete, you can quick release the pressure, give it a good stir and you are all set!
It’s fast, easy and full of flavor. And with your Instant Pot, it’s a quick recipe to make and check off your list of things to do for your holiday dinner! Keep it covered until needed and reheat if necessary.
What to Serve With Cranberry Pineapple Sauce
Cranberry pineapple sauce in Instant Pot is the perfect side dish for all of your holiday turkey dinners. We love it for Thanksgiving, Christmas and more, with the following:
- Turkey With Bacon
- Low Carb Thanksgiving Stuffing with Sausage and Goji Berries
- Instant Pot Mash Potato
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Mash
- Masala Spiced Turkey with Homemade Mushroom Gravy — this spicy cranberry sauce goes especially well with this masala spiced turkey.
You really can’t go wrong with any of these recipes for your holiday feast! Both of the turkeys above , as well as sides, are top notch.
Preparation and Storage Tips
You can make this ahead and store it in your fridge in an air tight container until needed.
Leftovers will last for ten days in the fridge.
You can also freeze cranberry pineapple sauce in a freezer safe bag if you’d like to.
Cranberry Pineapple Sauce in Instant Pot
- 12 ounces Cranberries, fresh or frozen, whole
- 1 Cup Pineapple, canned, chunks (including juice)
- ⅛ Cup Maple Syrup, Pure 100%
- ¼ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon Ginger , fresh, minced, optional but really good
- ⅛ teaspoon Kashmiri Chili Pepper, or cayenne, optional, NOTE: ⅛ tsp Kashmiri will make it quite spicy – a little goes a long way.
- Add all ingredients (place maple syrup over top of fruit and don't stir) to Instant Pot.
- Fasten lid securely. Move the pressure valve to SEALING and set Instant Pot to Pressure cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Once complete, quick release the pressure by turning pressure valve to VENTING. Stir well. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy with your favorite main course or holiday meals.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.