It’s better than takeout beef and broccoli Instant Pot is an easy and flavorful meal the whole family will look forward to.
At our house, we’re always up for Chinese inspired beef with broccoli, and this one’s such a great recipe that everyone loves.
It’s so easy to make, when you use an Instant Pot, that cooks the beef to perfection, in only ten minutes.
The broccoli turns out fantastic as well, and we find that our family prefers it cooked this way, as opposed to other methods.
A delicious sauce, that is made up of a secret ingredient, date syrup, ties it all together. Although, not a traditional ingredient in this dish, we really love the flavor and texture of date syrup in this.
But if you don’t have some, don’t worry, you can substitute pure maple syrup or pure honey instead.
Let this come to the rescue on a busy week night, and you won’t need to call for takeout!
Content in this Post
- Ingredients in Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli Instant Pot
- How To Make Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli Instant Pot
- STEP 1: Brown Beef in Sauté Mode
- STEP 2: Whisk Broth and Flour
- STEP 3: Place Ingredients in Instant Pot
- STEP 4: Cook
- STEP 5: Add Broccoli
- STEP 6: Serve!
- What To Serve With Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli
- Storage Tips For Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli Instant Pot
- You’ll Also Love
Ingredients in Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli Instant Pot
- Beef — can use stewing beef, cut into strips, approximately half inch thickness.
- Broccoli — fresh broccoli, cut into florets.
- Broth — beef broth, ramen broth, vegetable broth, chicken broth or others can be used with good results.
- Date Syrup — we love date syrup in this, although you can substitute pure honey or pure maple syrup.
- Soy Sauce — regular soy sauce or tamari.
- Sesame Oil — pure sesame oil.
- Ginger — a one inch piece, peeled and grated.
- Garlic — three cloves garlic, peeled and minced.
- Flour — all purpose flour or rice flour can be used, just be sure to mix it smoothly with the broth in step 2.
- Sesame Seeds — optional, for garnish.
Optional Ingredient variations: can add in a teaspoon or so of hot sauce, or hot pepper flakes, if not serving to children.
How To Make Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli Instant Pot
STEP 1: Brown Beef in Sauté Mode
Place beef strips into Instant Pot with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Sauté the meat until it is brown on all sides.
STEP 2: Whisk Broth and Flour
In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and flour.
STEP 3: Place Ingredients in Instant Pot
Place the whisked broth and flour mixture, and the remaining ingredients EXCEPT broccoli in Instant Pot.
STEP 4: Cook
Fasten the Instant Pot lid. Move the pressure valve to SEALING. Set Instant Pot timer to 10 minutes at HIGH pressure, normal temperature.
Once complete, move the pressure valve to VENTING, to quick release the pressure. When the pressure pin has dropped completely, open the lid.
STEP 5: Add Broccoli
Add in the broccoli and give it a good stir so that the broccoli is submerged in the liquid.
Loosely place the lid back on the Instant Pot. Do not rotate it to secure it, but leave the pressure valve on venting.
If the display on the Instant Pot reads “LID” lift up the lid and rotate it so the handle is 90° to normal position (pointing front to back), then place it loosely on the Instant Pot.
Press Sauté on the Instant Pot and cook the beef and broccoli for 3 minutes (no need to build pressure).
STEP 6: Serve!
Transfer the Instant Pot beef and broccoli to a serving dish. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Serve with your favorite rice, such as Instant Pot basmati rice.
What To Serve With Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli
You can serve beef and broccoli with any combination of the following dishes, for an easy homemade Chinese inspired menu:
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice or Short Grain Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein
- Easy Egg Foo Young
- Shrimp With Lobster Sauce
- Shrimp Chop Suey
- Easy Shrimp Fried Rice
- Szechuan Eggplant With Pork
- Szechuan Green Beans With Pork
- Instant Pot Char Siu Pork
- Instant Pot Pork and Chinese Vegetable Hot Pot
Storage Tips For Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli Instant Pot
Keep cooked Instant Pot beef and broccoli in the fridge, tightly sealed for up to three days.
You can freeze it for up to two months, if in a freezer safe container or Ziplock bag that’s tightly packed with air pushed out.
You’ll Also Love
Better Than Takeout Beef And Broccoli Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil, divided
- 1 pound Beef Cubes, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Flour, all purpose or rice
- ½ cup Ramen Broth, or beef broth
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Date Syrup
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ inch Ginger, grated
- 1 pound Broccoli Florets, bite size
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté mode. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil and the beef cubes. Sauté while stirring occasionally until all sides of the beef are browned (about 5 minutes).
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour and the broth until all flour is dissolved.
- Pour the broth-flour mix and all other ingredients except for the broccoli into the Instant Pot and stir well. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, set the pressure valve to sealing and pressure cook on HIGH pressure, normal temp, for 10 minutes. Quick release when completed.
- When the pressure cycle is completed and the pressure is released, remove the lid carefully when safe to do so (when pressure pin is completely down). Add in the broccoli and give it a good stir so that the broccoli is submerged in the liquid. Loosely place the lid back on the Instant Pot. Do not rotate it to secure it, but leave the pressure valve on venting. Press Sauté on the Instant Pot and cook the beef and broccoli for 3 minutes (no need to build pressure).
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.