Such a time saver – have a batch of this all purpose spice blend ready to go and you will find it is great for use in so many everyday dishes!
You can conveniently add a dash of flavor to so many common recipes, without having to fumble to open seven jars every single time you cook. And, since it’s made of common spices, you probably have most of the ingredients already.
Content in this Post
Ingredients in All Purpose Spice Blend
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili Pepper (or Cayenne)
- Salt — Himalayan pink salt, ground.
- Pepper — black pepper, freshly ground
How To Make All Purpose Spice Blend
It couldn’t be any simpler to make this all purpose seasoning recipe. All you need to do is place the seven spices into a small bowl, combine well and pour the blend into a spice jar.
It’s quite likely that you’ll already have these spices in your pantry. Keep in mind that spices will lose their freshness over time and this blend is best made with fresh spices.
If you do need to purchase some, you can buy them in bulk stores. That way, you can purchase only the amount you need.
However, it is often best to purchase the spices that come in a sealed container so that the spices stay fresh.
You can store your all purpose spice blend in an air tight spice jar for several months. It’s best to keep the spice jar in a cool, dark place.
Best Uses For All Purpose Spice Blend
You can toss this spice blend into chicken dishes – we love keto chicken nuggets, and there are so many meat dishes you can add this to.
You’ll want to try it in these Instant Pot Swedish meatballs with gravy!
This seasoning blend is perfect to add some basic flavor (paprika, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, cayenne and oregano) to a dish. These seasonings are so common that it really makes sense to make up a blend once to use over and over again.
Once you have it ready, you can toss in a teaspoon here, tablespoon there, to so many recipes without a fuss. You can’t go wrong with this mix.
This is a great basic seasoning for meat. It is excellent in breading or keto style “breading” for chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, and so on. It can also be used in meatball and meatloaf recipes.
You can use it to season dips and spreads. It goes well in any that use a mayo or yogurt base.
Try it, you will never go back to the previous one jar at a time days!
If you’re cooking for kids you can leave out the cayenne pepper to keep it mild enough for them.
More Easy Homemade Spice Blends
Since it’s easy to make homemade spice blends, we like to stock our own spice jars of the most common blends that we use regularly.
- All Purpose Spicy Masala Seasoning — an Indian inspired spice blend with common spices found in spicy Indian dishes.
- Doner Kebab Spice (Kebabkrydda) — a Turkish inspired spice blend that is perfect in homemade Instant Pot doner kebab meat and doner kebab sauce.
- BBQ Spice Blend Without Sugar — made up of three spice blends (Pumpkin Spice, All Purpose, and All Purpose Spicy Masala) or seventeen individual spices.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend — for all of your favorite fall inspired pumpkin spice recipes!
You’ll Also Love
Add this all purpose seasoning, seasoned salt or Swedish grill spice (grillkrydda) to Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs (IKEA Copycat).
All Purpose Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1.5 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1.5 tablespoons Salt, Himalayan
- 0.5 tablespoon Black Pepper, ground
- 0.5 tablespoon Oregano
- 0.5 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper, optional, omit for kid friendly
- Pour all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Pour into a spice jar or air tight container.
The above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide. If you are following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, please use your preferred nutritional calculator. If you have a food allergy please ensure that none of the listed ingredients are part of your restrictions. As well, always use a food thermometer to ensure safe cooking temperature of the food items.